Jillian michaels dvds?

Options
I am out of shape and i need to lose about 20 pounds asap. I've heard a lot of good things about Jillian's workouts, so which one will give me the best results? i tried banish fat, boost metabolism, and it KILLED me, i could do the first 7 minutes and had to quit. I also have asthma, so any suggestions? and success stories would keep me motivated! thank you. x..x

Replies

• hwells0614
    hwells0614 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have whats called exercised induced asthma but was told that the further I get (stamina wise) the less I will have attacks. I have a couple of Jillians DVD's/ I would go with 30 day shred or ripped in 30. The workouts are 30ish minutes a piece and they have modifications. I commit to doing the first circuit and if I'm breathing okay I keep going. When I worked out to meltdown before, I just knew that I could finish it. My mind thought my body was in better shape than it really was. But the more I did it the easier it became. Remember 5 minutes of something is better than nothing on the couch!
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    I have whats called exercised induced asthma but was told that the further I get (stamina wise) the less I will have attacks. I have a couple of Jillians DVD's/ I would go with 30 day shred or ripped in 30. The workouts are 30ish minutes a piece and they have modifications. I commit to doing the first circuit and if I'm breathing okay I keep going. When I worked out to meltdown before, I just knew that I could finish it. My mind thought my body was in better shape than it really was. But the more I did it the easier it became. Remember 5 minutes of something is better than nothing on the couch!

I agree with those two DVD suggestions. You'll definitely break a sweat with much less risk of injury compared to Insanity or P90X.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the 30 day shred dvd today. Let's hope it's doable for a 49 year old newbie!
  • ShadowChaser16
    Options
    I don't like Jillian's workouts. I hate how she doesn't have a separate floor routine so you spend most of the video rushing to stand up or sit down. It makes me light-headed and gives me a headache. It feels pretty disorganized to be honest. I like videos where you do cardio to begin with and then sit down for abs at the end.

My favorite easy workout videos are Billy Blank's Tae Bo, and Hip Hop Abs. p90x is what I use right now but I wouldn't recommend starting with it unless you want to modify a lot. Definitely don't do Insanity lol. Still have never got through one of those videos.