Working out a ton and not losing...arrgghh!!

Options
2»

Replies

• tilishamichelle
    tilishamichelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Girl...153, 5'4, and 49. Size 8. Your already looking hott! lol. I understand wanting to lose 10 more though, but have you looked in the mirror and just said Yippie! lol. I know we all have our goals, and you said this is for a compeition so how about working towards 5.0 on the treadmill. Increase your intensity, add some weights in. That might help.
  • kimmysue3
    kimmysue3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1200 per day is what myfitnesspal says I can eat...someday's I eat a little more but that is figured in with the exercise that I do, correct? I hardly ever eat all the calories that my diary says I can have. Thanks for posting!
  • kimmysue3
    Options
    I'll have to search and see how to open my diary. Thanks Rose!
  • kimmysue3
    Options
    I've not taken my measurements. I'll do that tomorrow.
    I log everything I eat..

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!
  • arneyfive
    arneyfive Posts: 16
    Options
    bumb for blog
  • kimmysue3
    Options
    Good Blog Christy!!! I'm gonna try to change something up. Right now doing cardio through walking 5-6 days a week for an hour a day AND doing P90x 6 days a week. Think I need to change something. Thanks so much!
  • kimmysue3
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate the encouragement and all the help! Have a great night!:wink:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Let's look at the numbers...

Total calories: 1200 (perhaps more on certain days)
    Exercise calories: walking at 4.0 speed for 1 hour = roughly 350 calories; You can add 400 or more when doing P90x. So total exercise calories would be 750 or greater when doing both activities daily.
    Net calories: 450 or lower.

I'd try upping your calories to net close to your BMR.
  • shezlar1
    shezlar1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Christi: trash the sugar (boxed cereals, bars, white rice, too much bread, etc), eat more vegetables and fruit, increase your protein, and lift weights.

Try it, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I already busted my plateau though. I'm planning to increase the protein and do the NROWL for Women after I get into the healthy BMI range - less than two pounds away.

I'm not shooting for perfect eating. I wouldn't find that sustainable. I definitely eat much much better now...and I'm sure a year from now, I'll eat much better than I do now. :smile: