Anyone else like me trying to gain lean muscle mass??

Options
2»

Replies

• Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much:)..i joined the group:)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I would disagree with many posts here. I would switch to a combo of circuit training, core work, and do stuff that uses your own body weight. (Burpees, pullups, core pushups, tridips, walking pushups, etc.) There are 100's of variations. Bulk isn't attractive to me, hard to maintain, makes you slow and doesn't show a high level of fitness.

Don't listen to this.. At all. You're not going to build mass doing body weight exercises. Period.

Check into strong lifts or starting strength program. Eat near maintenance or slight surplus on training days. Always eat 1-1.5g of protein per lb of weight. Eat your carbs! Train hard and be patience. Aim for about .25-.5 lbs per week gain. Do this for 3 months.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Always eat 1-1.5g of protein per lb of weight. Eat your carbs! Train hard and be patience. Aim for about .25-.5 lbs per week gain. Do this for 3 months.

Do you shoot for a 1-1.5g per lb of lean body mass or total weight? I have herd it both ways
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am exactly in your boat. I lost about 15 pounds before and while using MFP and hover around 116-118. Im trying to gain muscle as well, also 5'3. Add me if you want :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Always eat 1-1.5g of protein per lb of weight. Eat your carbs! Train hard and be patience. Aim for about .25-.5 lbs per week gain. Do this for 3 months.

Do you shoot for a 1-1.5g per lb of lean body mass or total weight? I have herd it both ways

Depends.. For a woman her size and leanness, I'd aim for body weight. For us guys who carry more total fat mass, and know out lean body mass, aim for lean body mass.
  • akackloudis
    akackloudis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain muscle too!
  • akackloudis
    akackloudis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am trying to get muscle too