Need friends and support.....at my wits end =(

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Sara. Alright so about me, I have been married to my wonderful husband Jeremy for almost 6 years now and he is my rock. We have 3 beautiful children Jacob is 5, Ashlynn is 3 and Jackson is 1. While dating Jeremy pretty much after I graduated from high school I was only about 140 lbs, but when I got pregnant with Jacob in 2006 it changed alot. I hadn't gained a whole lot during the pregnancy but when I had him it was a whole other story. We were hoping that I was going to be able to do it naturally but that all changed when my blood pressure went sky high and Jacob's heart rate dropped, Within a matter of minutes I was in the OR prepping for a c-section. I was able to lose a little bit of weight after that but not much. A year and a half later we decided that we were going to try for another baby, due to me having PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) it was hard for me to get pregnant again. Finally we got the good news that I was pregnant with our daughter (by the way Jeremy was convinced even after we found out the sex that it was a boy...when we were in the delivery room and they said "its a girl" he finally believed it lol). Exactly 2 years and 2 weeks after Jacob was born we welcomed Ashlynn via c-section. This is when my weight REALLY started to go downhill. I had gained about 50 lbs with Ashlynn and that was on top of whatever I had gained with Jacob, unfortunately along with gaining weight I also fell into the depression trap. For about 3 years now I have been battling PPD and still am to this day. Again, two years after Ashlynn was born we found out that I was pregnant with our 3rd and last child Jackson. On top of all the weight that I had gained from the other two I gained again and that is where I am struggling today. Here I sit 100 pounds heavier then I was in high school and I cry EVERYTIME I have to look in the mirror, not because of the kids but because I let myself go to the point that I am just not happy in my own skin anymore. Jackson is a year old now and I am still 100 + lbs overweight and that has got to change starting now. I did forget to mention between having Jacob and Ashlynn I did go see my doctor and we decided that it would be a good idea to start WW. After doing that for a few months and there was no improvement I quit. I probably have taken ever diet pill on the planet (but we all know that most of them do not work anyway) and the last choice that I thought I had was to get some kind of weight loss surgery in which I knew I couldn't afford to begin with so it was not an option.I am mostly a stay at home mom but in between taking my kids to pre school and kindergarten and then taking Jacob to baseball practice and games and taking Ashlynn to dance in the fall and also making time for Jackson there really is not alot of time for just me. After this expierence I am praying that I will feel better about myself and have a greater outlook on life. I want to be here for my husband and my kids. They are what makes me want to wake up every morning. Thank you again for taking this journey with me.

Replies

• mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    OK take a deep breath!!! wow that is a lot of typing and information all in one go phew!

I skimmed over a lot of it ;-( But I read a lot of it ;-)

If you want to add me then please do so. OK

But you need to calm down a bit and let`s get on the weight loss train ;-))
  • dunnweb
    dunnweb Posts: 49
    Options
    TLDR but add me anyway for support.
  • prettylittlegreekdoll
    Options
    Hi Sara:

I totally can relate on trying everything in the book to lose weight - I too did WW but it wasn't for me.
    I have about 100 pounds to lose as well and I did lose 50 pounds last year with MFP but gained back 40 due to some medical issues but am more determined than ever to lose what I gained and then some!

Sending request now :)

Evangelia
  • Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Mother of 5 myself and working hard to lose the extra pounds.
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Feel free to add me :-)

Sara, I do not know you but you do seem very overwhelmed... have you got other support?
  • Anola13
    Anola13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Getting on this site it the first step to something wonderful...this is a great place!
  • SaraSM143
    SaraSM143 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara, I am also Sara. I am here if you want to add me.
  • robm67
    robm67 Posts: 1
    Options
    One step and one pound at a time. You can have 3 wonderful kids, you can lose what you put on. Take baby steps and good luck.
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    My youngest was born in 2006, late December. I was about 100 lbs. overweight with him. I also have a 13 year old. Life seems to be passing me by. I have few pictures with me in them...I don't want to be. I use to LOVE the camera as a child.

I'm taking it one day at a time. I am finding that balance between working and being a wife/mother and still finding time for me. Here's the thing, I MUST find time for me! For so many years (since our 13 yo was born) I haven't done anything for me, health wise. I want to see many, many, many more years with my family.

Feel free to add me!! That goes for anyone. I need a kick in the *kitten* when I become MIA.
  • brandileeskye
    Options
    Hi there!
    I just started this week and I have 100lbs to lose too, and you're right when everything adds up it can be very overwhelming. I've been with my husband since high school and have gained the weight since then so I know how hard it is to see yourself as you were together before and then constantly be comparing that to now.
    I'm not sure how this whole site works but if you'd like to add me I'd be more then happy to be part of your support team, I need it too!
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sara! You can add me if you like. It can be a hard road but we're all traveling it together. :smile:
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Hi Sara,
    It is real hard to focus on yourself when so many people depend on you. What really did it for me was, if I don't do something for me I won't be there for them!

This is a great site, take it one day at a time.. Don't let a bad day, or two, or three, get you down, just refocus the next day. And most importantly, If you need help, ask.

Feel free to add me as well!

Mary
  • NanaDino4
    NanaDino4 Posts: 63
    Options
    feel free to add me...I will support you along the way and help how ever I can :) we are all in this together.
  • jojospaghettio
    jojospaghettio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! First off, congratulations on your decision to make your health a priority! I also stay home with my kids during the day (work part-time in the evening) and I know how difficult it can be to make time for yourself. I've been there, and still struggle with it occassionally. Make your health a priority and you will have more energy to spend time with your family and enjoy life - I promise! Living proof right here! Feel free to add me. :)
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Hey girl I understand that your pregnancies have wrecked havoc with your body. Been there done that 4 times! You are giving to those babies and loving on them and that really is the most important thing!

BUT

(are you listening) You need to take care of yourself so that you can be healthy & keep up with them even when they are bigger. You want to be good model for them on how to take care of yourself! Have you set some goals? I would set a 1 month, 3 month, 6 month & 1 year goal. Break it down. This does NOT have to be lbs lost(although that is ok)! Maybe it is exercise goals or a no sweets goal. What changes can you make that are not hard but you need support on doing?

Are you logging your food? Are you exercising? Have you taken measurements or are you relying on the scale(the devil!)? Is your hubby on board with changing how your family eats so you can feel better about yourself? This site is great for support!

Feel free to add me as a friend! {{{{{Hugs!}}}}}
  • thrud13
    thrud13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was losing weight well running 5k a day but then I broke my ankle! I've been off running for three months and have another month and half to go. I'm not overweight but I want to be healthier because I'm not very skinny. I love my figure (size 12) but I should be healthier, long history of heart attacks in the family! My mum is an inspiration to me ( she went from size 18 to 8 through healthy eating and exercise, no dumb pills). I'm happy to support you, motivation is key! Add me!
  • sholso27
    sholso27 Posts: 7
    Options
    No, not the support that I need. I have my husband but he is gone a lot. His work requires him to travel and as of today he is gone for a month. All of my family is in AZ and I live here in South Dakota. I am pretty sure that is why I am overwhelmed and struggling like I am. I don't have a whole lot of friends here in SD. My sisters (my biggest support) are there in AZ. I know that I need to go to the doctor and talk to her about all the feeling and depression that I am having but we don't even have a sitter here so until my kids go to school in August I cant even make an appointment. All i need is someone to talk to, that wont judge me and will be my friend and help me.
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Sara! I had a similar experience with my first born. Scary! Huh?

Add me for support! You can totally do this!!
  • AngeAngelaKay
    Options
    Feel free to add me Sara!