Junk food craving, help!

Options
Okay so I really want to lose weight and I eat really good for about 5 days (not eating any junk food), and then I start to really crave junk and so just when I'm losing weight, I put it back on because I eat bad. How do I stop doing this? And if I do start to crave junk food (like chocolate) how do I make sure I eat enough to satisfy my cravings but not enough to make me put the weight back on?

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Will power would help. Also, bank some calories so you don't feel deprived and can eat something that you really want.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Go exercise and then have some. I totally crave greasy hamburgers ALL the time. No joke. You have to work it out otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure. I would def. recommend scheduling exercise for days when you feel the cravings coming on. You could work out 200 calories worth and have a whole hershey bar! That's not too bad, right?
  • WalterMom
    WalterMom Posts: 12
    Options
    I will not do a "diet" if I feel deprived. I love chocolate and ice cream. I found the Klondike 100 calorie ice cream snacks to be yummy. Every morning when I log my exercise and breakfast, I add the ice cream bar for a snack. It is my way of making sure to save those calories from my day and it gives me something to look forward to. :wink:
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I still eat my sweets. Every time I tried cutting them out I failed. So now I still eat them just not as much or as often. I input all my excerise and food on MFP and find I have room in there every now and then to fit in the sweets. I found I would rather lose the weight on the slow side and still "treat" myself than lose weight fast by having no sweets only to eventually fail that leead to "pigging out" and gaining the weight back. Good Luck :happy:
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key to controlling cravings.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I always keep dark chocolate in the house for just such an occasion. :smile: Break off a few squares, separate them, then eat them slowly, let 'em melt in your mouth & really savor it all.
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    I've only been at this a couple of months, it's as if I still taste what I'm craving. I love carbohydrates more than anyone I know. I've searched the web for "healthy" alternatives for most of my cravings. If I must eat a "Caramel Pretzel Klondike Bar", when a 100 calorie, no sugar added one isn't what I'm craving, I cut it in half and eat it. I don't do that with most of my foods as I've found healthy, lower calorie alternatives. Sometimes you just have to do, what you have to do. Go ahead and eat it, just use moderation as your guide. After all, if you only eat half, you have instantly made it half as many calories as before! Hope this helps! Steve

22296225.png
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    totally agree here...if you have to have it, just cut back and have it.
    otherwise, you will just end up binging, just like what happened to me last night. ate 6 donuts in under 2minutes. lol
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    Go exercise and then have some. I totally crave greasy hamburgers ALL the time. No joke. You have to work it out otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure. I would def. recommend scheduling exercise for days when you feel the cravings coming on. You could work out 200 calories worth and have a whole hershey bar! That's not too bad, right?

That sounds really good! Thankyou heaps for telling me this :-)
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    totally agree here...if you have to have it, just cut back and have it.
    otherwise, you will just end up binging, just like what happened to me last night. ate 6 donuts in under 2minutes. lol

hahahahaha aww!
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    thanks heaps everyone for your advice :-)
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with Junk food cravings for a long time. When I couldn't find anything in the house to eat to satisfy the junk food craving, I'd eat sugar right out of the container and Butter straight too! Kinda embarassing to say it out loud. I'd over salt everything and drink 3 24oz bottles of diet soda. Also I'd eat the no cal foods like Waldon farms, and Splenda added to almost everything. I'd go through a box of Truvia from Sams club each week because I would add at least 10-15 packets to my morning shake and 10 to each cup of coffee.... I've eaten until I was sick...I've gone to bed with such a full stomache that I couldnt' sleep. :devil:
    I have had Junk food cravings in the past.

Last month I was introduced to a regimin to eliminate them.
    I have been following this regimin for the past few weeks. Really its just eating clean. Besides some suppliments I have been eating mainly fruits and veggies and Water. So far, it is the best thing I have ever done. EVER I litterally do not crave sugar, caffine Junk foods etc. I'm actually NOT looking forward to having some junk food. I don't want to taste sugar. I don't want a soda. I don't want a coffee. I'm very sure that I would be sick if I had to eat/drink those.

I'd be happy to share with you the regimin if you'd want to consider it as an option.

Sherry
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    I've struggled with Junk food cravings for a long time. When I couldn't find anything in the house to eat to satisfy the junk food craving, I'd eat sugar right out of the container and Butter straight too! Kinda embarassing to say it out loud. I'd over salt everything and drink 3 24oz bottles of diet soda. Also I'd eat the no cal foods like Waldon farms, and Splenda added to almost everything. I'd go through a box of Truvia from Sams club each week because I would add at least 10-15 packets to my morning shake and 10 to each cup of coffee.... I've eaten until I was sick...I've gone to bed with such a full stomache that I couldnt' sleep. :devil:
    I have had Junk food cravings in the past.

Last month I was introduced to a regimin to eliminate them.
    I have been following this regimin for the past few weeks. Really its just eating clean. Besides some suppliments I have been eating mainly fruits and veggies and Water. So far, it is the best thing I have ever done. EVER I litterally do not crave sugar, caffine Junk foods etc. I'm actually NOT looking forward to having some junk food. I don't want to taste sugar. I don't want a soda. I don't want a coffee. I'm very sure that I would be sick if I had to eat/drink those.

I'd be happy to share with you the regimin if you'd want to consider it as an option.

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

I'm sorry to but in but could you please send that regimin to me, please. I feel it would help me so much. I'm a junk food a holic and its so awful.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Okay so I really want to lose weight and I eat really good for about 5 days (not eating any junk food), and then I start to really crave junk and so just when I'm losing weight, I put it back on because I eat bad. How do I stop doing this? And if I do start to crave junk food (like chocolate) how do I make sure I eat enough to satisfy my cravings but not enough to make me put the weight back on?

Don't eat it.

If you are not hungry and just want that item, willpower.

If you are hungry, then eat healthy things in abundance. You WILL NOT go over your calories eating 2 or 3 bowls of raw spinach for example.