Anyone seriously considering plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am seriously considering liposelection. Not nearly as drastic as liposuction, but I think it would help address areas that aren't being addressed, despite my exercise and diet efforts. I'm at nearly 300 days here and if I reach a year and am still unhappy with my thighs/knee fat, then I'm going to look into the process and take it from there. It has nothing to do with anyone else - it's all about me and my feelings about myself. I've had stretch marks, cellulite and excess fat pockets on my thighs for many years. I committed to myself that I would stick to this program for a year and then I would look into it if need be. The fact is, if you're miserable living in your body and you've done what you can through diet and exercise, then I don't see anything wrong with surgical modification if it's going to help you feel warm and fuzzy when you look in the mirror! <3
  • TheatreDamsel517
    Options
    No boobs or tummy for me(yet anyways!) But a nose job on the other hand...:laugh: After having it broken a handful of times it has become rather unfortunate looking. :grumble: So that is for sure on my "to do" list!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Not considering it...doing it. Because, no matter how much weight I lose, my skin will always hold me back from seeing myself as anything other than severely flawed. I'm also interested in a breast lift/reduction...these G's are heavy as hell and I'm tired of carrying them around.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I've had a tummy tuck, lipo, breast lift, and implants........and it hurt like crazy. But it was sooo worth it!~
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Definitely getting a boob job later in life and I want my nose done in a year or two
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just did it for my 40th birthday/as a reward for hitting goal. I had talked about if for years and as the weight came off, I knew that was the only thing I couldn't fix with diet and exercise.

BEST decision I ever made. I went a very modest size so EVERYONE says they look so natural, even my friends/family who know I've done it. Feel free to message me. I have some pics on my profile, but won't post them all for the world.

I got an augmentation and a lift.

You can also message me to answer any questions, as I just did it 2 months ago.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've already had it done, but not because I was at my goal weight or anything like that. I had rhinoplasty (nose reconstruction) when I was only 12 years old.

Now, before you accuse me of being a spoiled little rich girl, I was in an ATV accident that should have killed me, and I crushed my face, nose included. It has to be reconstructed to make the rest of my face look normal again. Looking at my photos, you can't tell I had it done at all, either.

However, even once I reach my goal, unless I'm really unhappy with the way my chest looks or how the skin is sagging (shouldn't since I don't have that much to loose, but still...) I may consider it and go for a consult. Until I reach that point, though, I won't know for sure. My rhinoplasty wasn't bad at all, and the recovery time was relatively short (not that I want another facial reconstruction anytime soon, though).
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    yep, I've been promised that at 40 I can have something done...it's either going to be tummy tuck, arm flab cut off or a nose job. I'm aiming at all three, but I was just promised ONE. i'm hoping I can do the tummy, arm work, but there's no weights or diet that will reduce the size of my nose! :( I'll probably go with that.
  • phylliskboston
    phylliskboston Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have thought on and off about lipo, but at the end of the day decided this is who I am, and I've had a few required medial procedures for diabetes related stuff that I just can't bring myself to have an elective procedure.

Though I did have my teeth whitened a few years ago :o)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Getting a Circumferential Body Lift done and it was scheduled for July 23rd but I pinched a nerve in my neck and have no feeling in my right thumb so we had to postponed it for 4-6 weeks while I go through therapy and a steroid pack and get this nerve settled down.. But will be getting it shortly, and yes it is very expensive and no insurance won't cover it so I joke but I will be driving my paid off F150 pickup truck for another 4 years to allow me to pay for it... But I have no choice, can not live with this excess skin...
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I actually had a breast lift about 2 or so years ago after I lost the majority of the weight I wanted to lose. I actually wanted implants but the doctor felt all I needed was a lift.... I am very happy I did it.
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have my consult appointment for a boob job tomorrow so I would say I'm serious about it! =)

My boobs have been bad my whole life after being obese during puberty. They have always been unattractive and saggy. I wanted a lift and implants before I had kids but I'm glad I waited, because after 3 pregnancies and 3 years worth of breastfeeding they're so much worse than I even thought would be possible. I can't wait to have a nice rack for the first time in my life.

I am still 10 pounds away from my final goal weight of 120 but I think that's close enough to get the process started. I figure it will take 1 or 2 months to get it scheduled anyway, so I will be even closer by then.
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck after my third child was born. Did it when I was 25 years old and am 33 now. I have never ever regretted it! I had a set of twins before my son was born and gained 90 pds. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Check out the website makemeheal.

If you are interested in my before and after photos send me a pm and I'll be glad to share my info. That website is awesome with lots of information and resources. Do your research on the surgeon you plan on using. I saw two other dr's before I settled on mine.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of a boob lift and possibly tummy tuck if needed but I could never do implants. I'm such a wimp that just the thought of something stuck inside of me and staying there makes me woozy.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Im strongly considering a boob job myself because I'm a small 34B (as in I pop out of A's but sometimes I'm a little small for the B's I buy). But my mother keeps telling "I didn't get boobs until I...turned 18, turned 21. had a baby...etc.." Well I'm about to turn 25 and I still have no chest. So I have decided to wait until after I have kids and see what happens. My boobs might decided to get the show on the road then and if so then I won't worry about a boob job. If not then I'm looking for a surgeon.

Until then I have told myself if I can get into the 150's by my birthday which is the 29th then i am headed to victoria's secret for a bombshell bra!!!
  • Gumbie7
    Gumbie7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am going to get surgery done after all the weight is gone. I don't want to feel crummy about myself for decades. My roommate actually got implants and a nose job done (for like $5,000!!), and knows people that have what this person calls the "after baby package" and they all rave about how amazing she is. My roomie said that she's so happy she got her stuff done, and she says that the husband of the girl she knows is so happy with her after baby package. If any of you are in CA, this lady is a doctor right across the boarder in MX. I know that sounds crazy, but she's like thousands cheaper and she has better reviews then others I've talked to here in So Cal. If you want to check her out, for those of you down here, her website is: aliciasigler.com.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have major issues with my stomach, and I have multiple scars that intersect and create weird looking fat rolls (in my opinion).... therefore I will get that fixed one day.

I talked to a surgeon, and due to my history with my daughters birth and my desire to have more children, he advised me to wait until I am done having children! So it wont be for AWHILE =(

Of course, I had to say to him, "but how am I supposed to get a man who wants to have a baby with me when it looks like this?" LOL.... my bf tells me that I it isn't as bad as I think it is... but meh, I want to wear sexy bikini's again dangnabit!!!!!!! LOL
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering liposuction, oddly enough, but not to lose weight! After about a decade of moderate to severe chronic pain, I have a small bump at the base of my neck, it's basically just a build up of fatty tissue from constantly hunching and not being able to relax my shoulders due to the pain. I do massage and chiropractic therapy and it has been greatly reduced, but I'm afraid that it won't go away even with weight loss, so my mom and I are considering options for what will happen after I reach my goal weight.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Im strongly considering a boob job myself because I'm a small 34B (as in I pop out of A's but sometimes I'm a little small for the B's I buy). But my mother keeps telling "I didn't get boobs until I...turned 18, turned 21. had a baby...etc.." Well I'm about to turn 25 and I still have no chest. So I have decided to wait until after I have kids and see what happens. My boobs might decided to get the show on the road then and if so then I won't worry about a boob job. If not then I'm looking for a surgeon.

Until then I have told myself if I can get into the 150's by my birthday which is the 29th then i am headed to victoria's secret for a bombshell bra!!!

I was flat chested well into my 20s. As a former athlete (sad that I am no longer) and swimmer, I had no chance at getting boobs! I had pecs, not boobs for years. After a few years of no longer doing competitive swimming, I woke up one day and literally, they had grown over night. I went from a small B cup to a 36D, and they DON'T go away when I lose weight, in fact, I think they got bigger after I lost 25 lbs! I had actually scheduled a consult and everything for breast implants. So glad I didn't because now I have a great rack. It's like the one thing I can honestly say that is awesome on me, my big boobs, ha.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well due to my hernia repair my last surgery they did excise some skin...was suppose to have a pannectomy but just got a partial due to a mass found so they trmoved it and some skin due to the hernia ...surgeon said twas to get some symmetry back so plastics will be easier....now mind you plastics are self pay here in NS due to extremem weight loss...unless it is medically necessary. I know with the last surgery with the excess skin I am carryin up top the weight on my abdominal wall is felt... so I feel another surgery coming up. Surgeon said wait til I am healed...I see him on thursday...hopefully he will let me in on his long term plan lol hopefully a tummy tuck,