Best nutrition/healthy living book you've read?

Options
I need a book to read at the beach and want to buy a healthy living or nutrition book for my kindle. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Replies

• fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The Smarter Science of Slim by Bailor, Jonathan. I have the kindle book. It was sciency but not was really very easy to follow. It was very fascinating and answered a lot of questions i had on weight loss. Highly recommended.
  • kymberly316
    Options
    I liked Primal Blueprint and Wheat Belly, but I have known gluten issues so these helped with that a lot.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Gary Taubes "why we get fat and what to do about it"
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno's "eat clean diet". I am currently reading "crazy Sexy Diet". :)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I just read the Wheat Belly book and almost everything it said applied to me.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Man, I have recommended Michael Pollan a lot this week, but . . . his books are on Kindle. "In Defense of Food" is more beach-reading-y than "The Omnivore's Dilemma". Oh! I think "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser is part of the "borrow for free" program, but even if you've already used up your lend for this month, that's an excellent and easy read.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The Culprit and the Cure
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    17 Day Diet
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength helped me A LOT with lifting.
    I'm so much stronger and explosive now... I had someone tell me at wrestling practice last week, "Either you got a lot better or i'm incredibly rusty."
    It's funny because someone else I know does a bodybuilding split and he weighs about 15-20lbs more than me and slightly leaner than me, yet he has a hard time keeping up while wrestling me because I'm stronger.

Feels great.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    "Eat to Live" by Dr. Fuhrman. He changed the way i think about food, cravings and hunger completely.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

There must be some confusion. They want a book on nutrition/ healthy living. Not fiction.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options

There must be some confusion. They want a book on nutrition/ healthy living. Not fiction.

I'm sorry you feel the need to attack the science behind the Taubes research. After reading this book and changing my eating habits, I have never felt or looked better.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you feel the need to attack the science behind the Taubes research. After reading this book and changing my eating habits, I have never felt or looked better.

Hey, that's great. However, Taubes and science in the same sentence is an oxymoron.