Healthy thing to get from Panera?

Options
I have to go to Panera tomorrow....
What is something healthy (low cal and low fat) that you suggest I get?

Replies

• rms171
    rms171 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can never go wrong with soups. Just ask for it in a cup (not a bread bowl) and by-pass the croutons that they give you. You can get the calories from this site. Their tomato soup is really good.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I get the large strawberry salad, it's only about 400 calories, super tasty and filling. Though honestly, as long as you can work it off you can eat anything you like. Get a side bread if you think a lack of bread will make you binge later on :]
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You can never go wrong with soups. Just ask for it in a cup (not a bread bowl) and by-pass the croutons that they give you. You can get the calories from this site. Their tomato soup is really good.

Haha this! I went the other day and was so excited to find out that the bowl of broccoli cheddar soup was only about 300 calories...but then I went with the bread bowl and that added almost SIX HUNDRED more. I didn't eat the whole thing, but it was a major sad face. You'd be just as satisfied with the little side of baguette and an apple.
  • timarabolding
    timarabolding Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Panera has the absolute BEST nutritional site. You can add and delete items from your meal to get the exact calorie count! My latest favorite meal there is the You Pick Two combo with black bean soup and half cobb/avocado salad (get the fat free poppyseed dressing instead of that comes on it).

Their tuna sandwich is also lite....made with lite mayo! The garden veggie with pesto soup is very low in cals as well. Always get the apple as your side item. Avoid the bread bowls completely!
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll get some soup and a half salad :)