Fat contents.

Options
I am eating less of my calories trying to watch my fat calories. Is it ok to go over on fat, protein, or carbs as long as I eat the allotted calories?

Replies

• GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Short answer: yes, unless there is a REALLY dramatic difference between the percentage of each nutrient
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I asked this same question a few days ago... no one replied :frown:

Hopefully somebody will this time :happy:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Fat is essential. It creates hormones and cell linings. Fat and protein are what repair your body - carbs do nothing but provide energy. Please do not go down the low fat route. You will prematurely age yourself if you do. But to answer your question - calories in, calories out. But I'd much rather meet my fat and protein content then my carb content. Just sayin.

Edit to say that you should avoid saturated fat - that is what leads to high cholesterol etc. It's not a good fat.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. Fat in general is not bad, but you don't want to go too far over on saturated fat. Carbs really depend on the quality of the carbs. If Most of your carbs come from fruits, veggies and whole grains you should be fine. If most of your carbs come from candy, chips and wonder bread, that could be a problem. The quality of what you put in your body matters.
  • tabitha360
    tabitha360 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have looked back at the high fat and protein foods and will try to cut back on them. But when I completed my log for today it stated that I am not eating my calories and it would put me in starvation mode. And that is was not healthy for me.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have looked back at the high fat and protein foods and will try to cut back on them. But when I completed my log for today it stated that I am not eating my calories and it would put me in starvation mode. And that is was not healthy for me.

Please dont do that - if anything, cut back on the carbs if you feel like you're eating too many calories. Your body needs protein and fat, really :(
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's good to go over on protein but watch the carbs and the saturated fats. High protein/low carb foods help you stay full longer.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It's good to go over on protein but watch the carbs and the saturated fats. High protein/low carb foods help you stay full longer.

^^^^This.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

^^^^This.

Why people think carbs aren't satiating must be linked to voodoo because it seems everyone that is initiated into the world of nutrition have been indoctrinated with the evil carb subliminal slide show message........lol :devil: Oh and natural saturated fat aren't bad for us either.