Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
13»

Replies

• sheilahoff5
    Options
    Body by Vi! I was a skeptic, but the shakes are wonderful and feel me up! I have one for breakfast, then a mid-morning snack of fruit or yogurt, then a shake for lunch, a mid afternoon snack, usually meat or cheese and veggies then a sensible dinner! Whatever you do, don't deprive yourself :)
  • hotnascargirl
    Options
    I do the Limu shakes and they are amazing! Let me know if you have any questions :)
  • jwilson80121
    jwilson80121 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Alot my replies than I had thought would happen.

@lolcatftw... love your name...

to most everyone else: Thank you for all the adivce, I'm just not a breakfast person, I could be hungry as hell but not want to eat (it sounds strange I know, it's just the way I've always been) I will attempt to try some of these shakes to see if any work for me. I guess I shouldn't have said shakes that make you lose weight, I guess I just meant shake that won't have too many calories so I don't have to worry eating something in the morning packed with calories.

I would love to know what are in those coffee shakes that emnk posted about those sound delicious, and I'm all about getting my caffein in the morning without having to add an extra drink to my list, which is why I've cut alot of monsters out of my daily routine -.-

Everyone can either add me, or message me or I'll try to message all the people that said to message them for what they do but there are alot more people than I anticipated here.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Are there any for weightloss anyone would recomend?

There is no shake for weightloss just as there is no food for weightloss. Eat (or drink) at a deficit and you will lose weight.

^^This. The shake isn't going to make you magically lose weight. Those who think it does well, they don't use their brains.

But I had a really busy time last year and was living off strawberry Boost. It wasn't awful, but I wouldn't call it absolutely delicious. I'd much rather have my own shakes with real fruit and no processed crap in it.
  • stubbsmoni
    Options
    Hi there! I am thinking about starting Bioglan Slim Right Nutrition Shakes which are meal replacements for breakfast and lunch. Has anyone tried them? Or can anyone recommend me a good weight management shake to use?
    I know the importance of breakfast in the mornings and people have told me if I am short on time I should try having shakes.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I drink a Click Protein shake with 2% milk most morning. 15g of protein and it tastes just like a frappucino. It is good. I then usually eat a few hours later for my mid morning meal.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the meal replacement shakes (too much money and junk in it), but I'm the same as you - I'm not a big breakfast person, so I make a smoothie! Banana + scoop of vanilla protein powder + coconut milk + whatever frozen fruit I'm in the mood for. Usually around 350 calories and super filling!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I have friends who lost weight drinking Shakeology in the morning. they aren't breakfast people but knew if they wanted to lose weight they had to. So they went half on a 30 day supply on Shakeology shakes and lost. They have lots of nutrients that we need on a daily basis. teambeachbody.com

I just sent you a message about Shakeology...they aren't like your Slimfast and Body by Vi shakes and all the rest...they are from whole food sources and you get your full day's worth of veggies in one shake and are great for ppl who would normally skip a meal!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The Advocare meal replacement shakes are absolutely nutritious loaded with protein, low sugar and carb, and are delicious! Send me a message if you want more info!
  • alt426
    alt426 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really like Orgain shakes. They are organic shakes that can be used as meal replacement shakes or an after work-out shake. They are 255 calories, but they keep me full until lunch time. I've only tried the chocolate and the iced mocha, but they have a vanilla flavor too. I prefer the chocolate; it kind of tastes like chocolate milk.

Here's the website if you're interested in looking into it more: http://www.drinkorgain.com/. It's also sold on amazon, so you can look up reviews there. I buy mine at Wegmans, but I heard that Whole Foods also sells them.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I eat a cup of fat free yogurt and about an hour or two later I eat a meal replacement bar (only because they fit in my purse easier than a shake).
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I almost always have a zone perfect bar for breakfast, they have a lot of protein in them and keep you full until late morning.
  • larrymadill
    Options
    Shakeology by Beachbody is pricey but worth it. I bought it one month as a flyer and now its a key part of my diet. Won't leave home without it.
  • swkittrell
    swkittrell Posts: 48
    Options
    I usually have a stick of cheese and a boiled egg for breakfast. Around 10:00 I will eat a piece of fruit. You can buy eggs already boiled at the grocery store so I just rinse the egg off and put it in a plastic zip bag and out the door I go. I have started some of the Re-Body products and really like them. Some times I use their meal supplement shake for breakfast if I am out of eggs. They do have the hunger chews If you like to snack or your a stress eater the chews really work. You can get them at your local health food store.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You can buy eggs already boiled at the grocery store

No WAY! I am amazed! :ohwell:
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have been having GREAT success with eatting a slimfast shake every morning for breakfast. I'm not donig the slimfast diet, just using the shake as a convenient, quick breakfast in the mornings. I like the chocolate shake powder you add to fat free milk, but I also like the premixed shakes for on the go.

I'd love to have the time to make myself something super great each morning, but it's not realistic for me so these shakes have been great. It's an awesome alternative to not eatting at ALL which is what I used to do when I was so busy.