How do you curb those evening/night cravings?

Options
I seem to be having an issue with sugar cravings in the evenings/late nights. Anyone have any experience with taming this demon or maybe have some advice? Thanks!

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would just budget in the calories and eat a sweet evening/late night snack.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,006 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier......just kidding.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have been budgeting for them. And then sometimes going for an extra walk with the doggies late in the evening. Dogs love my late-night sweet-tooth!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Oh, but sweet milky tea helps, too.
  • Kari_L_Moore
    Kari_L_Moore Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink water if I have to have something, and brush my teeth if I haven't already. Eating something after brushing my teeth just makes it taste horrible. :P Keeps me from going snack crazy at night.
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I chew a piece of gum...or brush my teeth with mint toothpaste; nothing tastes yummy after brushing with mint:)
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    drink water, chew gum :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Actually, that's exactly what I do. . . go to bed. Getting more sleep is better for weight loss anyway. I wake up at the same time every day of my life, so if I want more sleep, I have to go to bed earlier. And then I can't eat. So that's double good.
  • jodyw83
    jodyw83 Posts: 38
    Options
    That's what I do too. I plan for it, or else I'm grumpy and go to bed early!
  • almart007
    almart007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I go to sleep wake up a couple of hours later and look out It's time to raid the refrig or cabinets. My wife swears I'm a sleepeater. Lately I try to have a bowl of cereal. gonna to try a new strategy tonight and try water first and doing a glass of Whey protein before bed.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hot Water, my body thinks it got soup.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while if the craving is bad, I will have a Crystal Light packet in my water. I normally drink water only, so CL tastes pretty sweet to me.
  • nickey84
    nickey84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    in the july issue of family circle there were ten smooth recipes and one was a chocolate peanut butter smoothy and it is just the thing for the late night snacks. I mixed lasted me for two weeks just freeze what's left the first time and thaw as needed.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hot Water, my body thinks it got soup.

LOL- Cruel joke on your body!
  • amiguito123
    Options
    Whenever I get hunger pangs or just plain cravings for food, I drink a nice, tall glass of water. That always takes care of it.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you have tried shaking the habit and still can't, just work with it. Just eat less in the morning and at lunch. As long as you are in a caloric deficit, you will still lose. I eat the vast majority of my daily calories in the afternoon and evening.
  • 4Elyse2012
    4Elyse2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Great suggestions......I would love to go to bed early, however my 2 1/2 yr old daughter usually has different ideas. Brushing my teeth sounds like one to try. Very helpful!
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier......just kidding.
    HAHAHAA!! As mean as that sounded, it's true.
    I hate it when I do good for the day but out of no where, I wanna eat something twice my intake and be so bad.
    Ha, but how to control yourself is the hardest question.
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i have a cuppa, what ever i fancy i have a huge selection of teas and that seems to work for me at reducing the cravings for me
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, water, fruit (watermelon or strawberries fill me up best), veggies, tea, or I go to bed early lol.