What's your typical CALORIC intake? Typical food diary?

Options
My daily caloric intake is currently at 1280 in order to lose a healthy 1lb per week.

The hardest part is figuring out what to eat everyday that is healthy, quick, tasty, fulfilling, and meets my 1280 caloric intake give or take.

I'm curious what is everyone's typical caloric intake? And what's your typical food diary look like?

Any suggestions, tips, and advice is welcome! Just need some ideas so that I don't get stuck in a rut.

Replies

• Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    typically 1400-1600. and my diary is pretty basic? hard to say when everyone's is so different! do you exercise?
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake is 2,000 - 2,500 a day and what I eat varies day to day a lot! You're welcome to check out my diary, though, it should be public.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    2400 calories. I strength train about 4 days a week and do additional cardio 1,2 days a week. I eat alot of greek yogurt, and chicken breast, whole wheat bread, pasta, and other good carbs.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've got mine set to 1300, but I also get a 500 calorie credit for breastfeeding, and I eat back my (fairly measly) exercise calories. I'm generally within 100 calories of goal over/under.

I haven't gotten the balance down just right yet and I'm almost always over fat, every day. I try to get plenty of protein, though today hasn't been stellar. And lots of veggies. I love a good salad with slivered or shaved almonds. I have one every day.
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I set my daily calories at 2300, but with my daily exercise I can eat a bit more. I try to eat everyday foods using portion control.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Between 1200-1800 daily depending on my activity level generally. Long Grain Brown Rice, Chicken Breast, Ground Turkey, Fish, raw veggies and fruits. Egg Whites...
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    3,000 - 2,300, depending if day off or on.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I maintain at roughly 1900 cals per day on workout days, 1600 on my one rest day per week (I usually go over that day lol). Breakfast is usually a Thomas' Light whole grain english muffin with either natural PB and low sugar jelly and a banana or the whole grain eng muff egg sandwich with Eggland's best eggs and cheese and tomato and always OJ with breakfast, lunch during the summer when I'm off is Shakeology, dinner is usually 3parts lean protein to one part veggies (I'm starting P90X or else it would be half protein, quarter starch, quarter veggie) I tend to have 4 snacks per day like Greek yogurt, string cheese, Nature Valley granola thin, fruit...stuff like that.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining at 1700. If I exercise, I eat more.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I am on 1200. I usually don't eat back my exercise calories. I eat lots of different things. A lot of tuna and I'm on a veggie burger or veggie chicken binge right now with once slice of bread. I eat peach cups with water, watermelon, banana, fresh green beans, cucumber, and 100 calorie snacks. I keep 100 calorie popcorn bags. I eat grilled chicken too. I make it pretty good every day. I have even saved calories and had pizza or wings.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I stick close to a 1200 calorie a day diet.

Here are some common items I eat during the day...

BREAKFAST
    - eggs/egg white with sauteed mushrooms & spinach w/ organic sprouted grain low sodium Ezekiel bread, toasted & a side of fruit.
    - breakfast sandwich made w/ egg/eggwhite, sargentos ultra thin cheese slice, vegetarian bacon or sausage pattie, baby spinach on Ezekiel bread.
    - organic oatmeal w/ peaches, blueberries & agave nectar
    - greek yogurt w/ fruit & granola

LUNCH
    - veggie burger w/ sargento ultra thin sliced cheese, mustard, baby spinach, tomato on Ezekiel bread
    - sauteed shrimp & asparagus w/ lemon juice, garlic, pepper & dill w/ a grilled whole-wheat pita
    - low sodium soup
    - salad w/ mixed greens, reduced fat blue cheese, craizins, walnuts and vinaigrette
    - tuna or egg salad sandwich

DINNER
    - fish (tilapia, salmon) w/ steamed veggies
    - pasta w/ homemade low sodium tomato sauce
    - grilled chicken & grilled corn on the cob
    - stuffed portabella mushrooms
    - veggie & shrimp kabobs
    - vegetarian lasagna
    .... i could go on and on =D

❤MELISSA
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1350. I eat exercise calories. I occasionally come in under my goal, and I occasionally come in over goal. I shoot for around 100g protein a day, but I'm not always successful.

Typical day:

Eggs of some sort for breakfast. Usually with either a potato cooked in butter, or baby spinach and diced tomatoes. Coffee with heavy whipping cream and sugar.

Generally a salad with chicken or tuna for lunch. Sometimes I'll have leftovers instead. Lately I've also been having a protein shake made with one scoop of powder, half a frozen banana, and some milk.

My husband calls my dinner formula "meat, side, side." It annoys him. :laugh: But it's true -- I typically have meat for a main dish, then two sides, often vegetables.
  • joriha92
    joriha92 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just around 1300. I walk a bit every day so if I go to bed early my counter only gets to 1000. But it's summer so that hasn't happened a lot. Also I've only been doing this for a small week so lets see how things work out from here :P
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat somewhere between 1400-1600 calories and I eat back about half of my exercise calories.

I usually eat fruit, cheerios (or oatmeal) and almond milk for breakfast.

If I'm going to splurge, it tends o be at lunch time. If I'm hungry for a gyro or sushi or something, lunch is when I have it.

Dinner is a small portion of potatoes or rice, lean meat of fish, salad, steamed veggies and fruit.

Honestly, it's an incredibly satisfying way to eat.
  • ColochaMocha
    ColochaMocha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    about 1280... I aim for lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains and fat free dairy. take a look :)

ofcourse this is when I am behaving well..
  • thuy5
    thuy5 Posts: 22
    Options
    When I started on 1200 cals awhile back I was eating a lot of the following

3 egg omelette (2 egg whites, 1 whole egg) with mushroom, spinach, onion and salami for flavor ( a little goes a long way) - 250 cals
    Soup broths - throw in a lot of filling low cal vegetables along with prawn meat or chicken for protein (60-60g) for 159cals
    Learn to love steam veggies (broccoli and cauliflower are great)

I only did 1200 for about 8 weeks and the weight loss was great but then decided I could slow down and take my time so I could have more treats every day. I now do 1500 net which is actually quite comfortable and doesn't feel restrictive at all.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    2800~ calories. Trying to gain weight.

I eat most of that from carbs. Fruits/veggies/breads. Lots of milk and juice as well.
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to around 1400 each day, but I pigged out a bit at the end of this week, so I tried to stay under 1200 for the last 2 days. I'm finding it quite easy to stick to 1400 and be full, and get a full range of foods. When I first started I tried for 1200 and I found it hard ot eat things I liked and stay under.
    Feel free to look at my diary, but to be honest a lot of stuff in there is homemade and I don't know if you can access the recipes. I usually take them from websites like skinnytaste and adjust them a bit. I like curries, thai curries, lentil soups stuff like that.
    Salads with crab or tuna, low fat cheese, low fat ham, chicken breast.
    I'm not big on cookies, cakes, chocolate and all that which makes it easier because I don't get the sweet cravings so many people talk about.
    I really have to watch my bread and pasta - the portions I was eating before are way bigger than I can have now.
    My typical portion of bread now would be 1 slice multigrain bread, 1/2 multigrain/seed bagel, 1/2 wholemeal pitta, or a low fat wrap, 40 grams uncooked weight brown rice.

That's obviously where I was going wrong before, as I was having 2-3 times that! It might be healthy, but it's still calorific.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

lunch: proats
    snack: protein sludge & fruit
    dinner: something with meat & veggies
    after dinner dinner: usually protein sludge or I regularly make cheesecakes or protein loaves. In summer, ice cream.
  • Lukev123
    Lukev123 Posts: 5
    Options
    3000 calories now, split almost evenly between protein, carbs and fat. Does the job for me.