Supremely Supreme Pizza

Options
2»

Replies

• ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I made a pizza for lunch with a whole wheat tortilla, left over chicken, and whole fat cottage cheese. It was pretty delicious. I wish I had cooked it a little longer, but the cheese melted really nicely and was creamy. Even the whole fat cottage cheese was 110 calories for 1/2 cup, and the tortilla was 130. It was so much I couldn't even eat it all. I'll probably make another one this week with cottage cheese, black olives, and maybe some ham. Yum!
  • ali258
    Options
    Whole wheat crust, (Walden Farms) tomato sauce, 1 container/2 cups of (HOOD) non fat or low fat cottage cheese.

this sounds good, never heard of these brand of food where do u get them?

I've been wanting to try cottage cheese but been afraid to cuz I heard its not very good.

You should give it a try - I looooooove cottage cheese. I usually just add a little black pepper. If you buy the low or non-fat kind, it's a great source of protein!

I actually couldn't finish my pizza because the cottage cheese was so tasty that I ate 1/2 cup of it alone while I the pizza was cooking. I LOVE cottage cheese - plain, with fruit, on salad, just about any way you could eat it.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought to put cottage cheese on a pizza - I'll have to try it out!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I found a pre-packaged pizza today that's actually pretty darn good in terms of calories and whatnot - It is the Archer Farms (a Target brand) "Simply Balanced Mediterranean Style Vegetable Thin Crust Pizza." It's a very thin wheat crust topped with tomatoes, onions, spinach and feta cheese, tossed with a little olive oil. It's definitely not a "normal" pizza (not much cheese or sauce on it) but I found it quite tasty and filling. Best of all, it is only 220 cal. for 1/2 the pizza! That's 7g fat (1.5g sat. fat), 2g sugar, 270mg sodium, 34g carbs (11g of whole grain), 3g fiber, 7g of protein.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm usually more concerned about sodium, so I'll definitely have to look into that Archer Farms 'Za!
  • ali258
    Options
    I found a pre-packaged pizza today that's actually pretty darn good in terms of calories and whatnot - It is the Archer Farms (a Target brand) "Simply Balanced Mediterranean Style Vegetable Thin Crust Pizza." It's a very thin wheat crust topped with tomatoes, onions, spinach and feta cheese, tossed with a little olive oil. It's definitely not a "normal" pizza (not much cheese or sauce on it) but I found it quite tasty and filling. Best of all, it is only 220 cal. for 1/2 the pizza! That's 7g fat (1.5g sat. fat), 2g sugar, 270mg sodium, 34g carbs (11g of whole grain), 3g fiber, 7g of protein.

Wow! Those are some great stats on that pizza! Was it a normal size pizza? Because 1/2 a pizza is a really big portion. I usually get the pizzas that have a serving size of 1/4 or 1/5 and eat it with corn or salad. I got two pizzas at Target this weekend, but I can't remember exactly what type. They definitely weren't -that- low in calories though! Good find!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

Wow! Those are some great stats on that pizza! Was it a normal size pizza? Because 1/2 a pizza is a really big portion. I usually get the pizzas that have a serving size of 1/4 or 1/5 and eat it with corn or salad. I got two pizzas at Target this weekend, but I can't remember exactly what type. They definitely weren't -that- low in calories though! Good find!

It wasn't as big as some of the frozen pizzas, but it wasn't teeny either. I think 1/2 of the pizza with some veggies or some other side would be adequate for most people for a meal. The pizza's really thin - it's not a normal crust, so eating 1/2 isn't at all like eating 1/2 of a Digornio's frozen pizza (or some other "regular" frozen pizza").
  • tlwonn
    tlwonn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

sounds yummy!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Crispy Flat-Out Pizza
    1 "Flat Out" brand flat bread (produce/deli section)
    1/3 – ¼ c. pizza sauce of choice
    Veggies (mushrooms, baby spinach leaves, olives, onions, peppers, etc.)
    Turkey pepperoni, grilled chicken, ham, pineapples
    1/3 c. Fat-free mozzarella shredded cheese

Spray non-stick baking sheet lightly with olive oil baking spray. Bake plain Flat-Out for 7 min at 350. Remove and top with above topping choices. Return to oven for 13-15 min. (depending on oven variations). Cut into quarters to serve.
    *Each Flat-Out makes one personal sized pizza.*