Absolutely Flabulous

Options

Replies

• HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My hats off to you . . . You are truly a success story . . . Your transformation is amazing and you ARE fabulous!!!
  • Fannyannefeisty
    Options
    Wow!!! :love:

Cherry told me about you (all good stuff I can assure you) and said what an inspiration you are to her, and NOW I see why!

Incredible is an understatement, I don't think I truly believed I could get slim, properly slim, ever again. Sure I could drop a stone but not make a huge difference to my body. You just blew that out of the water. Maybe there is a small me still in here somewhere.

Anyway, enough about me - this is all about you!! Fabulous work :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thank you so much for your responses :)

I know what peeps mean about thinking that you can't change your body that much. My mantra always used to be (at the start of yet another failed diet) "well, I'll only get down to a 16 or so, because I've got broad shoulders". Read: I am totally and utterly daunted by the work associated with being any smaller than that.

Also, my shoulders aren't that broad!

Thank you again. I swear, swear SWEAR (I typed 'sweat' then...I also do that) that if I can do it, anyone can.
  • Robyrob33
    Robyrob33 Posts: 45
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You look AMAZING!!! Thank you for posting such inspiring photos, and thank you for sharing your journey with us. All I can say is "AMAZING"!!!!
  • Fannyannefeisty
    Options
    So how do you get past the three month mark, when frankly I get bored and the food gets appetising? What's different this time for you, is it internal or external?

Are you eating the same food as you used to but in moderation, have you swapped out some key ingredients but kept mainly the same or completely revamped the whole thing?

There are so many questions above I feel like I just opened the Spanish inquisition on you!
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    Not only do you look amazing, you are absolutely hilarious!!! Personality and beauty! You've got it goin' on girl!!! :smile:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    YOu've done an amazing job!!! :drinker:
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    So how do you get past the three month mark, when frankly I get bored and the food gets appetising? What's different this time for you, is it internal or external?

Are you eating the same food as you used to but in moderation, have you swapped out some key ingredients but kept mainly the same or completely revamped the whole thing?

There are so many questions above I feel like I just opened the Spanish inquisition on you!

Plainly put, I had a bit of a nasty wake-up call health-wise (blogged about it hear in TL;DR detail: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mogletdeluxe/view/to-start-at-the-beginning-248433) and was really, truly at the pinnacle of being unhappy with how I looked. Unhappiness is a hell of a driver when it wants to be.

I also banished the word 'diet' or the concept of being 'good' or 'I can't'. I had a terrible binge-eating problem and my relationship with food was hateful at best; so it was time to look at that differently.

I eat what I want...in moderation. I've dabbled in different diets: for example, I tried low-carb (not for weight loss, but for my bonkers ovaries) and whilst some weight did come off I personally didn't find it sustainable, although naturally that varies from person to person.

I stopped seeing this as a diet, more a lifestyle change - could I imagine a life without chocolate, cake, wine, sweets, Chinese takeaways, JAMMIE DODGERS? Not likely. But instead of densely populating my life with said sweet thangs, I decided to exercise. Hard. Some people said eat to exercise, not the other way around, and I largely agree - but tell me that when I'm doing zumba and circuits on a Friday night because I've got a hot date with China Kitchen.

I also started focussing on strength, health, well-being; rather than whether I could fit into a certain size. I also stopped being so bloody hard on myself - I'm still susceptible to the odd binge, even now. Whereas before that was an excuse not so much to fall off the wagon as jump off and set said wagon on fire, now I just pick myself back up and start afresh.

In essence, in terms of diet - just sensible eating, really, with portion control. I have a man-sized appetite and am not a man, so therefore had to calm it down a bit. No fad diets, no starving myself, just everything in moderation. Including, sometimes, moderation.

EPIC. Hope this helps :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Not only do you look amazing, you are absolutely hilarious!!! Personality and beauty! You've got it goin' on girl!!! :smile:

What a really lovely thing to say, thank you! xx
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look so tough and strong:-) Congrats! You could be a super hero.
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look so tough and strong:-) Congrats! You could be a super hero.

Oh wow. That's going on my CV. Thank you!
  • Fannyannefeisty
    Options

Plainly put, I had a bit of a nasty wake-up call health-wise (blogged about it hear in TL;DR detail: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mogletdeluxe/view/to-start-at-the-beginning-248433) and was really, truly at the pinnacle of being unhappy with how I looked. Unhappiness is a hell of a driver when it wants to be.

I also banished the word 'diet' or the concept of being 'good' or 'I can't'. I had a terrible binge-eating problem and my relationship with food was hateful at best; so it was time to look at that differently.

I eat what I want...in moderation. I've dabbled in different diets: for example, I tried low-carb (not for weight loss, but for my bonkers ovaries) and whilst some weight did come off I personally didn't find it sustainable, although naturally that varies from person to person.

I stopped seeing this as a diet, more a lifestyle change - could I imagine a life without chocolate, cake, wine, sweets, Chinese takeaways, JAMMIE DODGERS? Not likely. But instead of densely populating my life with said sweet thangs, I decided to exercise. Hard. Some people said eat to exercise, not the other way around, and I largely agree - but tell me that when I'm doing zumba and circuits on a Friday night because I've got a hot date with China Kitchen.

I also started focussing on strength, health, well-being; rather than whether I could fit into a certain size. I also stopped being so bloody hard on myself - I'm still susceptible to the odd binge, even now. Whereas before that was an excuse not so much to fall off the wagon as jump off and set said wagon on fire, now I just pick myself back up and start afresh.

In essence, in terms of diet - just sensible eating, really, with portion control. I have a man-sized appetite and am not a man, so therefore had to calm it down a bit. No fad diets, no starving myself, just everything in moderation. Including, sometimes, moderation.

EPIC. Hope this helps :)

Thank you for that, I have had a stalker-esque rummage through your food diary and I am impressed with the normalness of it. That gives me hope!

I am still taken with these 90 calorie low sugar breakfast/snack bars, I just had one; it tastes like crap. Protein shakes are another 'should I try it?' temptation, although I am resisting the urge. The list of ingredients sound like the autopsy results after a chemical spill!!

But I love feeling strong and when I did Body Pump I loved my muscles, so I am back on the weights and doing aerobics and zumba at home. Rocking the conservatory workout!

Somehow I still can't see my *kitten* being a size 12 but I will keep coming back to your photos and your food diary to remind myself what is possible.

Thank you

xxx
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic (and adorable in the first pic, flab or no flab!), I love your attitude shining through in both pics!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Great job.
  • ChristaLee72
    ChristaLee72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Your post made me smile because I feel the same way about my abs. I'm so pleased with my progress, but I'm just not quite there yet in the belly region! :)
  • bijoux79
    Options
    you look smokin hot! Well done you...amazing!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow you look like a Patsy now! :P Funny writing and awesome progress :)
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you look great! i love the way you talk, it's very entertaining. =)

i have to say though, in your before photo, you styled yourself really tastefully and i think you looked amazing at your starting weight. i'm super happy you worked hard to be healthy though, 80+ pounds is incredible, what an accomplishment! =D
  • mariea_bo
    mariea_bo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Wow you look like a Patsy now! :P Funny writing and awesome progress :)

Thank you lovely. And Patsy is a FOX, so I'll take that!
    you look great! i love the way you talk, it's very entertaining. =)

i have to say though, in your before photo, you styled yourself really tastefully and i think you looked amazing at your starting weight. i'm super happy you worked hard to be healthy though, 80+ pounds is incredible, what an accomplishment! =D

Thank you for such a thoughtful comment. I always used to work hard with my style; partly as a defence mechanism but partly because I didn't see my size as an excuse not to make an effort. Still, nice to strip the armour away :)

Thank you all for such kind responses, sweet to see this thread pop up again :D xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!