MFP Daily Activity Level?

Options
I work in retail\watering just wondering as i am on my feet for a 6 hour shift most of the day would i set my activity level to lightly active then add in exercise i do such as Walking to work 4mph takes 35 minutes and the weight training i do 3 x a week also any other exercise i do?

So basically is the activity setting from MFP just for your daily job/activities??

Thanks

Replies

• JaneDoeJaneDoe
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    good question, I'm new to this, but id put your work as daily activities, and your extra exercise such as weight training and walking as an added on calorie burn x
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would set your profile to lightly active.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Lightly active would probably cover your 6 hour shift of walking/standing most of the day.

Your 35 minute walk may or may not be considered part of that. I'd start by logging it and eating back those calories, and see how you do. If you aren't losing weight as quickly as you had planned after a few weeks, then you may want to experiment with not logging the walk and/or not eating back the calories, or eating back part of them, or whatever.

A lot of people will try to impose rules on you like "you have to sweat", "it has to be in a gym", "you have to waltz backward around a silver spoon with Madagascar sea salt chanting 'O holy gods of exercise, hear me!" in order to count your exercise.

The reality is that this is your diary, and the whole point is to experiment with different things to learn what works for you and what does not. The more experimentation you do, the easier this journey is going to get.