Brides to Be Group?!

Options
Hey all. I just got started back up with MFP and was wondering if anyone wanted to start a group for Brides to be, or if there already was one. I think it would be great to have the motivation from each other to stay on task and look our absolute best for our big day!

Replies

• FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I'd love to join :-)
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    Good idea! I'd love to join :-)

Ditto!!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'm in too! i'm hoping to be 140 by 9-4-10 :) currently 157.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for 185-190 for the end of august.
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    I'm shooting for 120 lbs. by August 20th 2010 :smile:
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    This is great. When are your wedding dates? Mine is a bit far - August/September 2011.
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    However, I want to lose about 20 pounds by this summer for engagement pics, then another 30 by the wedding. I think this is reachable.
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    Ours is August 20th, 2010.
    Which is creeping closer and closer everyday.
    I've got 20-30 lbs that I want to loose in that 8 month time frame... which is going to be really fun with all the stresses of wedding planning haha.

Our engagement pictures are coming up in February so I've got 2 months and I would love love love to loose 10-15 lbs by then.

Have you guys picked out your ceremony and reception location yet?
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    My family owns a camp ground [think dirty dancing] in Rangely Maine, right on a lake, so we are having the entire weekend's festivities there. We are renting a tent to go over the Tennis Court and having the ceremony by the lake. So based on the setting, the dress I bought is a simple Mon Cheri Destinations Charmeuse Sheath halter...so to look my best I have to lose some of this flub [haha].
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I get married April 24th. My dress has to start alterations on March 1st so my goal is to lose 10 pounds by then. That is about a pound a week for the next 10 weeks! Plus I am going to Jamiaca for the honeymoon where I will have to wear a swimsuit all week next to my fiance, the marathon runner with 0 body fat!

Do we want to try and do weekly challenges, weekly weigh ins/check ins? Any ideas???

I do strength stuff pretty regularly, but would be up for a cardio challenge? Maybe next week a goal of 3-4 cardio work outs?
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    I think weekley check-ins are a great idea. Do we want to do group goals? individual weekly goals? let's keep each other accountable.
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    I agree that the weekly check-ins would be great. We just need someone to really be on top of keeping up with it.
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    OK, I don't mind taking the lead on checking goals once a week, but what should our first week goal be? I am good with checking in just not great with ideas....
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    I liked dujennifer's idea to aim for 3-4 cardio work outs for the first week.
    We could also do water only (no sugary drinks)
    We could do an inches challenge, see who can loose the most inches that week
    We can do a vegetable one making sure that we get our recommended amount of vegetables each day a for a week
    We can do a crunches challenge to do at least 50 - 100 crunches each night for a week
    ....... possibilites are endless really :)
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    How about we do one exercise and one food related goal each week. SO for this week how about the crunches and veggies?
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    How about we do one exercise and one food related goal each week. SO for this week how about the crunches and veggies?

I'm good with that.
    Are we going to report how we did at the end of the week (Next Friday) or are we going to check in daily until next friday?
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    How about we make Weds. our check in days and we aim for 50-100 crunches a night and full serving veggies daily?
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    oh - I'd like to join! I've got 10 months to go (10.2.10) on the wedding front and would love to check in with you ladies!

I'm game for challenges involving food or exercise so whatever you come up with works for me.

Congratulations to all of you! :drinker:

-Heather
  • dujennifer
    Options
    Sounds like I have 50-100 crunches to do at the gym tonight. Flat abs, here I come! Veggies are my nemesis in planning a good diet so this should be an interesting turn around in my goal for a healthier life style. Any ideas for quick veggies on the go outside of eating tons of carrots?
  • dujennifer
    Options
    Do we want to start our weigh in today? And as some people may be a shy about actual weight, do we want to report our actual weights or just how much we lose each week?