Average number of calories burned through daily exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• boomersooner806
    Options
    I burn anywhere from 900-1300 calories per day, excluding Sunday. Sundays are usually my "off" days, but sometimes I end up doing a little something, whether it's an aerobics dvd or yoga. I try to stay active everyday. I do a lot of cardio and some strength training (M, W, F only). The elliptical machine is my best friend. :bigsmile: :laugh: :tongue:

I hear that very cool, what burns the most calories is our best friend exercise wise or maybe life in general. hahaha

hahaha -- I'm pretty thankful for that best friend. What do you do as far as exercising?

Lots. No I'm kidding, I walk 2 plus hours a day, stationary bike for 50 minutes, wrestler bridges, v-up situps and dips.

Well, that's quite a bit!! Keep up the good work! :bigsmile:
  • inkprincess
    Options
    Wow, for those burning tons, what's your average of cals eaten?? I find it hard to eat 1800, i bet you guys can eat 2500-3000!

I burn about 475 a day working out, and who knows how much dealing with my 3 daughters.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I burn anywhere from 900-1300 calories per day, excluding Sunday. Sundays are usually my "off" days, but sometimes I end up doing a little something, whether it's an aerobics dvd or yoga. I try to stay active everyday. I do a lot of cardio and some strength training (M, W, F only). The elliptical machine is my best friend. :bigsmile: :laugh: :tongue:

I hear that very cool, what burns the most calories is our best friend exercise wise or maybe life in general. hahaha

hahaha -- I'm pretty thankful for that best friend. What do you do as far as exercising?

Lots. No I'm kidding, I walk 2 plus hours a day, stationary bike for 50 minutes, wrestler bridges, v-up situps and dips.

Thank You, maybe if I double it, I can qualify for the Iron Man.:laugh:
  • NotSurprised
    Options

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 160 and I burn 400 - 600 on cardio days (step or cardio weights for around 400, pool laps for about 500, and Zumba for about 650) for an hour, and about 200-300 on yoga or walking days for an hour.

What do you guys do for the 1000+ calories and for how long? And are most of you going by the elliptical's read out or a HRM readout? My gym's elliptical regularly tells me I burn 800 calories in about 45 minutes and my HRM reads 1/2 of that. You could burn about 1000 in two hours on the elliptical I suppose, but I don't know many people who manage to find time for 2 hours a day outside of Saturdays! Full time work, a two year old, the house, one car to share with the hubby ... I make it to the gym for serious cardio 3 hours a week (and Yoga for 1).
  • NotSurprised
    Options

Double post, it happened once before yeah I'll leave it. hahaha
  • boomersooner806
    Options

Double post, it happened once before yeah I'll leave it. hahaha

haha -- it's alright! Iron Man -- you go!
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 160 and I burn 400 - 600 on cardio days (step or cardio weights for around 400, pool laps for about 500, and Zumba for about 650) for an hour, and about 200-300 on yoga or walking days for an hour.

What do you guys do for the 1000+ calories and for how long? And are most of you going by the elliptical's read out or a HRM readout? My gym's elliptical regularly tells me I burn 800 calories in about 45 minutes and my HRM reads 1/2 of that. You could burn about 1000 in two hours on the elliptical I suppose, but I don't know many people who manage to find time for 2 hours a day outside of Saturdays! Full time work, a two year old, the house, one car to share with the hubby ... I make it to the gym for serious cardio 3 hours a week (and Yoga for 1).

I do the elliptical machine, which allows me to burn 1200 calories in 42 minutes. But, then again, I do it on one of the hardest workouts and one of the highest resistances. I also do yoga as often as I can so I can get some stretching in -- I don't do the hard core yoga, just stretching. I'm also getting ready to train for a half marathon. That all starts on Monday. I hope to run around a 2 hour half marathon. I have 3 jobs and I'm going to school on top of it all, so I understand how it is to hardly have anytime to work out. I just bust my butt at the gym. I usually spend anywhere from 1-2 hours at the gym every single day except Sundays. Not all days are like my day today (cardio for 1200 calories). I do strength training M, W, and F. Lots of jump roping. Some bicycling. I try to mix it up to confuse my body. I absolutely have fallen in love with working out though. :bigsmile: :love:
  • a00link
    Options
    It will vary week to week as some days I use Wii Fit and others I hit up the gym or others I go outside.

This week though (since tomorrow's my weigh in day and a new week begins) I burned on average, 557 calories. Obviously this week was a bit more gym and a little less Wii Fit.

3,343 calories burned this week, almost a pure pound of fat. I was 195.8 last friday morning, we'll see if that changes in about 10 hours when I weigh in.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical machine, which allows me to burn 1200 calories http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/16-chit-chat-fun-and-gamesin 42 minutes. But, then again, I do it on one of the hardest workouts and one of the highest resistances.

Just so you are not sabotaging your own efforts I would check this out with a Heart Rate Monitor (if you are not already) Personally, I'm relatively fit and only about 10lbs "overweight" (though technically not overweight) and I can stay at the high end of my target extreme heart rate for 60 mins straight and burn about 700 calories. On the machines, even on a really hard setting that keeps my heart rate around 160-175 the whole time its still in the 500-600 range for 45 minutes, per my HRM, though the machine reads more like 1200. If you are eating those calories and it is not accurate you may be sabotaging yourself.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I do the elliptical machine, which allows me to burn 1200 calories http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/16-chit-chat-fun-and-gamesin 42 minutes. But, then again, I do it on one of the hardest workouts and one of the highest resistances.

Just so you are not sabotaging your own efforts I would check this out with a Heart Rate Monitor (if you are not already) Personally, I'm relatively fit and only about 10lbs "overweight" (though technically not overweight) and I can stay at the high end of my target extreme heart rate for 60 mins straight and burn about 700 calories. On the machines, even on a really hard setting that keeps my heart rate around 160-175 the whole time its still in the 500-600 range for 45 minutes, per my HRM, though the machine reads more like 1200. If you are eating those calories and it is not accurate you may be sabotaging yourself.

Good call, but you should be having calories left over from your metabolic rate to combine to make you safe say 300 calories left at least.