Excessive Belly Fat

Options
I have lost 24 pounds and feel good with that number; I have 24 more pounds to go. However, my belly is huge. It is 38.5 inches and by looking at the rest of my body, it seems completely out of portion and it is totally not healhty. I am losing 1 to 2 pounds per week consistently so counting calories and exercising are working. I have started lifting weights, doing squats, using the gym regularly. I have also upped my workouts doing high intensity followed by lower then repeat. I know I can work on toning my ab muscles but what exactly will make this belly fat move or will it come off last? Please advice!!!

Replies

• MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Well hello there. Congrats on the 24 lbs lost so far. What is working for me is Tae Bo. There are many twists in these workouts and you actually really feel the burn. Try it out. For belly fat not always abs workouts are good. There are other things you can do as well. Try different things in which you are comfortable. Good luck.
  • Koreapsu
    Options
    Sadly you can't spot reduce fat. Wouldn't that be great though!

No exercises will take fat off one particular area.

It'll come off eventually though, you sound like you're doing great . . . just keep going!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Yeah I know I can't spot reduce but you would think some of it would be leaving the fat train, wouldn't you?????????:laugh:
  • Koreapsu
    Options
    Heh I wish. I'm in the same boat as you!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Cardio!!Cardio!!!Cardio!!!!
  • Angel1029
    Options
    Well it looks like your doing the right thing. Cardio and weights should really help.
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have learned first on, last off. So where you gain extra weight the most quickly, it lingers around the longest while you are losing. So great job on your 24 pounds, and remember the waist will catch up with the rest of you!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great...I get to look forward to losing the belly last! LOL! Wouldn't it be great if we could choose where the weight came off though! Ahhhh, to dream! Push ups works the abs too, so maybe try a few of those?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks everybody. I know my abs are getting stronger as I no longer look 6 months pregnant. I now just have major fat rolls there. :grumble: