Rant!

Options
2»

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Another burger fan. I usually do the 80/20 and grill it on my Griddler panini press. Most of the fat drains away but I still get a good juicy burger that isn't tough.

Response to your friend:
    Of course it is a part of my diet! You just have to know how to cook it right! Would you like me to help you?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Why do people have such a hard time grasping this concept? You can still eat hamburgers and make them quite healthy. She's probably just jealous of your progress and wants to give herself an ego boost. :/
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I lost 120 lbs and ate burgers all the time lol just look her in the eye and be like "ayo ***** you go over there and do your thing..and ima be over here Eating burgers and losing weight kbai"

F'in right!!! A good lean chuck is fairly low in calories. Keep to a low cal bun, no cheese, no salt and you still have a delicious tasty hamburguesa! Some people I tell ya!!! I personally would like to venture into turkey burger town. Have you tried these? I hear they are just as nummy, and even better for you and full of protein!
    But seriously... you shouldn't concern yourself with this bia. Just do you.... let your progress speak for itself! Get it girl!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    People usually lash out like that from their own insecurities. Anyone who is truly happy with themselves would be happy for you. Jealousy is all I see in her. Don't let it deter you. Keep pushing on. I'm sure when you get to the end of this she will be coming to you for advice
  • melaniealedgerwood
    Options
    Oh honey - consider the source. People who say such things have no radar about their comments. She has poor social skills or she would not be so impolite.
    You should reply with a big smile - YES! I've done so well with my new meal plans and weight loss that I CAN actually count the calories in my ground beef and factor it into my daily totals. Then smile and walk away.
    I know it's hard but don't let the impolite poeple make you rant. Rantting just makes you feel bad - she has no idea how rude she is.
    Blessings
  • melaniealedgerwood
    Options
    I LOVE THIS RESPONSE!
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I know I'm doing well and will continue to do so! I lost about 80lbs in about 4 months. Gained about 10lbs back (got preg and then miscarried at almost 12 weeks) I am determined to lose the last 100lbs! I got this! :smile:
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate that ish, too! Like when someone compliments you and then stares at whatever your eating. I can control my portions and enjoy what I want, don't look at me like I'm still a fat leper.

Anyway, these comments obviously mean they're just jealous. Such a weird feeling, having people be jealous of the way *I* look...
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    ...Hamburgers aren't bad food.... People are stupid.