• Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, carrots dipped in hummus or tzatziki, soup,

^ these sound yummy :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I had a pita pizza for dinner last night! Tastes like real pizza, fills me up.

1 wheat pita
    1 oz cheese
    2 tbs marinara
    Veggies (I used fresh tomato, basil and onion)

This variation was 200 cal

Toast the pita briefly under the broiler on both sides, top and bake till melty.
  • kirstenleo
    kirstenleo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurts
    Emerald 100 Calorie Packs of Nuts
    Any Kind of Hummus with Veggies
    Popcorn
    Cheddar Rice Cakes

I too am eating 1200 calories a day and I find that if I average 300 calories for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then have 300 cals to have as snacks (am, pm, and evening) I feel full most days. Plus drink your water...that helps too.

Good luck, the irritability should dwindle after a few weeks...your body definitely will get used to the 1200 cals
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories a day, and it's my third day and I'm feeling hungry and irritible. Any meal/ snack idea that are not over processed but help keep you fuller longer?

You dont look like you need a 1200 cal diet.

Thats for people who have a lot of fat to lose.

How tall are you?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Fish is a low calorie protein source. I only eat about 3-4 oz of meat, but up to 6-8 oz of fish.

Great for hungry days.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I would say up your calories...
  • shennard80
    shennard80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary to see what you could change. As someone else suggested, egg whites instead of whole eggs, diet coke instead of regular, and lite wheat bread instead of white. That's 400-500 calorie difference just from that.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    nah, i'm just use to eating chicken wings and cola, and making random trips to the movie theatre just for popcorn. i've been over eating for month and it's hard to cut back.
  • melaniejp1
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories a day, and it's my third day and I'm feeling hungry and irritible. Any meal/ snack idea that are not over processed but help keep you fuller longer?
  • melaniejp1
    Options
    i eat raw cashew nuts only 90 calls for 10
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Emerald 100 Calorie Packs of Nuts

Just had the cocoa almonds by Emerald, 100 calorie pack. Perfect to hold me over until I am able to eat lunch. YUM!

Other great snacks are fruits and veggies (of course) like sliced bell peppers and baby carrots with hummus or light ranch, an apple with low fat caramel dip (if you are really in a hurry they sell already sliced individual packaged apples that are good), 60 calorie jello pudding cups, 40 calorie fudge pops (great when you crave ice cream but know you can't have it!).
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Aside from the obvious veggies which definitely fill you up as part of a MEAL, here are some of my fave snack options to help me get ot the next meal ...
    - 3/4 c. of fat free yogourt (70 cal) +1/3 c. All Bran buds (80 cal) + 1c. fresh strawberries (40 cal)
    - 1/2 c. Chapman's frozen yogourt (90 cal) + a 1 tbsp of light peanut butter (80 cal.) + 1/2 of a medium banana (45 cal)
    - just strawberries
    - a 100 cal one-bun toasted (or 2 WW slices of bread for 90 cal) + 1 tbsp sugar free ED Smith jam (20 cal)
    - home made fat free pudding pops (60 cal)
    - Special K Crackers (18 chips for 80 cal)
  • cjalexander
    cjalexander Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im on the same diet plan.... I have unsweetened vanilla almond milk, scrambled eggs, chicken patties, lots of diet tea and coke zero :) laughing cow cheese and celery, if i go out i just don't eat break and half of the protein served and try to choose a veggie (ugh lol)
  • alambert
    alambert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with ground turkey pasta sauce and parm cheese is really good and filling. Low carb wraps with seasoned sauteed chicken, onions and red and yellow bell peppers. Add light sour cream and/or taco sauce.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    a steamed lobster.

also, add beans to everything. Making corn? Mix in some (rinsed) canned black beans.
    Having a salad? Include some kidney beans.
    Having chicken breast? Coat it in hummus then bake.
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    listen to your body and up your cals if you are starving.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Exercise & add more calories - I can eat 1200 calories (for awhile) .... but can't see doing that long term

Fiber, protein, & fat will all help keep you full longer. Eat whole foods; cut out the processed stuff & you will have: more fiber & more protein

Veggies give you the most "bulk" without a lot of calories. Fruits, pick those with higher "water" content. Watermelon & berries give you a "good" portion size with manageble calories.

Air popped popcorn is low calorie. For a few calories more: I like to use a microwave popper with just a touch of butter flavored oil (helps the salt stick to it).
  • ABZWeyman1
    ABZWeyman1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Granola! Bare Naked has a lot of options for flavors (my favorite so far is Vanilla Almond) and it keeps me full all day! Just a 1/4 cup here and there.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options

You dont look like you need a 1200 cal diet.

Thats for people who have a lot of fat to lose.

How tall are you?

i'm 5'6
    and i only want to strink my belly fat, i'm actaully quite small but lately been feeling the need to tone my belly.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lots of lean meats and vegetables or fruits, they are very filling when portioned out.