So Upset Of What I ve Become.

Options

Replies

• Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Thanks for the surrport everyone. I Know this will be a long process but your right i can do this!
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    @rylyansmom don't beat yourself up that is going to hinder your progress just remember you didn't gain it overnight, so you have to commit to taking the time to work it off. But stressing or self loathing is not going to help. Your are a beatiful woman, mommy and can do this for sure!! Hang in there, and friend me if you want regular encouragement
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    And the good part is you are young enough to get into really good shape. You've come to the right place and you didn't wait many years like I did. With the support of good friends you'll do well.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Girl, it took me seeing the scale hit 200 lbs (on a 5'3" frame) before I decided to do something about it - I have 2 kids. Since starting this journey, I have lost weight and feel so much better about myself. Take it one day at at time - you will get there. Slow and steady wins the race!!!
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! The weight didn't come on overnight so don't expect it to drop off overnight either. It sounds like you have made a good start by coming here. Don't be upset or pissed, it's just not worth it! Make good food choices & exercise to get where you want to be. We have all been there and are still struggling daily. Chin up!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You are on the right track. Start logging in your food intake and start moving. If you are not a fan of working out then just start walking and each and every day increase the speed and length of that walk. Good luck and just take it one day at a time.
  • mlc323
    mlc323 Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow, I've never seen someone post something on here that is so true to my own story.

I graduted high school <120lbs and left college at 135 (the traditional freshman 15 didn't hit me until I turned 21 and started going to the bars...). I maintained a solid 140-150 (at 5'7, my ideal weight) for 2+ years staying active at work. I started a desk job and gained 50+ lbs!! At my heaviest I was 215ish but didn't completely realize where I was at until I saw a photograph...and I was disgusted as well. I completely UNDERSTAND how you feel!! I promise you that if you stay in control of your eating habits and exercise as much as you can, you will slowly slim down to a weight that is comfortable for you.

If you need a friend or just to vent, add me!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i think we have all been there. i was the same way before i had my son at 20 i could eat whatever i wanted and still be a size 2. now i'm only 25 and i have to bust my butt and watch what i eat. It's a life style change for sure, and it was hard to adjust at first but its getting much easier as time progresses. you will be fine. At least you have realized that there is a problem and you're working to get it under control. you'll reach your goal. :smile:
  • alombard5580
    alombard5580 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself! Look forward, you can't change what has gone before but today is a new day!
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Hey girl! Welcome!

I've never been thin, but my starting weight was 190, the highest I had EVER weighed in my live and that number shocked me too! I was like oh hellll no i will not hit 200 lbs! lol, and I'm 21 as well.

Down to 174 now, feel free to add me for support and what not!
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey first off welcome!! Second it happens, now get the hell over it!!! You have decided to do something about it and that is all that matters focus on that and go from there period!! Good luck you can do this! I started at 245lbs post-baby 11-3-11, started seriously training and eating clean in Jan 2012 as of today I'm 183lbs!! You can do it!!!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Add me if you want to :)

I gained 20lbs (140) living in England and then came back to Canada for school and became 113.
    Currently gained to 125 and trying to get back under 120. :)
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....you can make a change in your life. I feel the same way about myself, I used to be 135-145, now I am around 180 and it sucks. I do not feel good about my body, but everyone on here is supportive. They give you great ideas on work out routines and better food choices. Feel free to add me if you want. You can do this, and don't beat yourself up about it. :bigsmile:
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on taking the first steps to getting healthy! Most folks are very supportive -- good luck!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Jerry is right - a lot of it is just changing your attitude to a positive one. It's hard to do at first, but it gets easier. If I see myself in the mirror and tell myself something negative about my reflection, I have to think of something I like. It's getting easier and easier.

Self-loathing is the enemy. Food and fat are not. You are beautiful, and you created life! That is amazing!

The weight-loss game changed completely for me after I had my son. It's like my body won't give up this weight. I have also found it's about diet now, not so much activity. Before it was whatever food, more activity.

Don't give up!
  • Faithweaver
    Faithweaver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand!! I am in the same boat now!! I graduated highschool in a size 6-8. I was very active. Then I went to college, got married, had 3 boys and here I am at 226. I started at 232 and had lost about 12 pounds but with baseball for my kids and this depressing weather I am feeling pretty down. I have not been able to get back on track and I am lacking the motivation. I hate being this big!!!
  • JupiterJune
    Options
    I never thought I'd post this, but I'd like to show you that you are NOT alone. Life happens and we unfortunately let ourselves go at moments. I went through a very bad phase of depression. The result?

This was me at 145 lbs, my goal weight:

c62d14228561c1a47e4a90e1c871d76a.png?1342551303

This is me NOW, at 175 lbs:

df6a6d91a459b0927867e189acf01e9e.png?1342551596

This picture was a "wake up call" for me. I feel disgusting, but at least I'm taking action to change!

Add me if you want, and anyone else can add me too. I'm a great supporter for my friends.
  • wee_emski
    wee_emski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh hun, you can totally do this. I have had three babies in 5 years and I always gained a lot pregnant (mostly on my bum and legs lol!) and then lost it fairly quickly. This time it's been a battle. I'm actually thinner than I was just before having my first son now but again, my super fast metabolism seems to have slowed for sure. Give yourself time to lose the weight. They say it'll take 9 months to get the baby weight off as it took 9 months to put it on. My littlest is almost 10 months and I would say I am almost back to normal.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    atleast you're on the right track now!
  • Wunderhubsch
    Wunderhubsch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To JupiterJune - thanks so much for your post and your honesty! I feel the same way. I hate looking at pics of myself right now and don't want any taken. I've battled PTSD for years and that is what has caused my weight to yo-yo. Good thing is I've finally found some resources that are helpful and not just the "get over it" approach. Your post says it all for me! All the best with your journey.

Anyone - feel free to add me! We can all do this together!