Weight Training for women routine

Options
I have read that weight trainning is a great way to lose weight. I have been trying to find a routine to do but all I find are sites hat tell me to weight train or that require gym equipment that I don't have access to.

What routine should do ?
Any sites that give good explanation ?

Please please help I want to start as soon as possible as currently im determined to do it

Replies

• Music4Hym777
    Music4Hym777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What equipment do you have? A gym membership or just things around the house?
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I have a Jackie Warner video called Power Circuit Trainiing that I love. I got it on Amazon I think for less than $10. All you need is a pair of dumbells. Also YouTube has lots of videos that are great to teach proper form.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is one of the things I wanted to talk to you about. I just started "The New Rules of Lifting For Women". It's an amazing program, for both diet and exercise. I highly recommend it. Just started my second week, and I can see a difference already!!
  • Caleysia
    Caleysia Posts: 23
    Options
    I do have a gym membership but not everything Is there I do have dumbels at home which I would prefer to use as im a little freaked about exercising at the gym ( my membership is free comes with the apartment I'm in )
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I really wanted to start lifting but didnt know where to start. I got ChaLean Extreme and highly recommend it.
    This is my last week of the program. I am sad it is over and will continue to lift. I got some pretty nice results from it.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
  • sarahmrimmer
    Options
    I do this at home 3x per week, starting with 10 lb dumbbells. http://www.building-muscle101.com/dumbbell-workout-routine.html
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    My advice...dont be scared of the gym, read NROLFW or try 5x5 Stronglifts. Get a gym trainer to show you how to use the equipment and go from there :)
  • Caleysia
    Options
    Omg Thanx so much everyone

Would you think it would be good to use parts of different routines or should I stick to just one ?
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer- 12wk program. IT WORKS. I'm on phase 2 right now and I just posted my one month pictures. You will probably have to get a new diet because hers sucks... at least to me, but the workouts are great in my opinion.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Omg Thanx so much everyone

Would you think it would be good to use parts of different routines or should I stick to just one ?

As far as weight training goes just pick one and do it as written. A good one that has been tried and tested for years and proven to work. Someone with no idea about programming will end up reducing the effectiveness of a routine with a lot of modifications.
  • Caleysia
    Options
    One site said you can try cardio on your off days. Would you recommend that doing the couch to 5 k but not doing that 3 times a week only 2 ??
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is one of the things I wanted to talk to you about. I just started "The New Rules of Lifting For Women". It's an amazing program, for both diet and exercise. I highly recommend it. Just started my second week, and I can see a difference already!!

^ this! :happy: