Costco foods

Options
Hey all! I've been meaning to make a big Costco trip this month, and I thought it would be an opportune time to pick up some bulk foods. Do you have any suggestions for healthy dishes or sides from Costco?

Thanks & happy Tuesday!

Replies

• coconutgrl908
    Options
    I love Costco! Oranges, apples, bananas, kiwis, mangos, blueberries.. Frozen edamame, frozen chicken breast, frozen salmon, frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower... Quinoa, roasted seaweed, brown rice, raw almonds (found in the baking aisle), flax seed, oatmeal, and I'm not sure if Costco carries this but SAMs club has this 45 calorie Sara lee bread that it quite good :)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I found a jalapeno greek yogurt dip there last week that I am in love with. It is great with veggies! I love buying huge containers of fruits and veggies from Costco - they discourage me from eating junk, because I am too cheap to let the healthy food go bad. I also found these freeze-dried coconut chunks that are super high fiber and delicious (but they do have quite a bit of sugar too).
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    also, their Japanese green tea is really nice and a great price. Another product I try to only buy at Costco is 'La Vache QuiRie' cream cheese triangles. They are very expensive at the store and CostCo sells regular and light.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I always stock up on Costco's Frozen chicken breasts, tilapia and shrimp. Their fruits and veggies (my favs are the blackberries and broccolini) are always good too! Oh and they have huge boxes of Smart Pop (popcorn fans) and Granola Thins if you like those kinds of things :) Oh and they have Brownberry Pita Thins!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Trident Alaskan salmon patties. They're only around 170 cals each (if I remember correctly), loaded with protein (20 grams
    /patty), very thick and are seasoned very well. Just pan fry them straight from the freezer in a little bit of olive oil and you're ready. Have you a little salad on the side....MMMMMMMMM
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    They have this pumpkin flax granola that is SO TASTY! It's near the cereal. It's great with yogurt or as a dry snack.
  • kristengraham
    kristengraham Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump for later :) i love costco!
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Costco :love:
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    * Frozen chicken breasts
    * Check the fruit
    * Feta cheese
    * Yogurt
    * Frozen fruit is always a winner in my book and bought almost every time I go!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their japanese green tea. I tried the stuff at Sam's Club and it tastes awful.

I can drink Costco's all day long. It's delicious.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    PJ's organic skinny burrito's - this is what I'm having for lunch today.
    Eddy's fruit bars and lots of veggies and fruits!
  • rokaminsky
    Options
    Every 2 weeks I get the following from costco:
    *5 lb bag of baby carrots
    *bag of whole celery
    *bag of bananas
    *package of sliced mangoes
    *clamshell of berries (either Blueberries, strawberries or raspberries)
    *12 pack of individual Fage greek yogurt. 0% fat with fresh fruit to pour into
    *1 package/2 loaves of Dave's killer bread
    *18 or 24 eggs
    *1 lb of Tilamook cheese

occasional purchases:
    *beef jerkey
    *nuts
    *sandwich meat (turkey & salami)
    *rotisserie chickens
    *quinoa
    *canned corn
    *frozen fruit/veggies

*going for Low Cal, high protein diet.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love Costco! Oranges, apples, bananas, kiwis, mangos, blueberries.. Frozen edamame, frozen chicken breast, frozen salmon, frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower... Quinoa, roasted seaweed, brown rice, raw almonds (found in the baking aisle), flax seed, oatmeal, and I'm not sure if Costco carries this but SAMs club has this 45 calorie Sara lee bread that it quite good :)

Yes! My Costco has the Sara Lee 45 cal bread, but only the wheat variety.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    They have this pumpkin flax granola that is SO TASTY! It's near the cereal. It's great with yogurt or as a dry snack.

This too! It's great with yogurt!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    giant jar of adams peanut butter
    giant tub of cottage cheese
    a couple 18 or 24 packs of eggs
    dave's killer bread
    big pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, for freezing
    pork loin to cut up and freeze, or pork chops
    bag of frozen wild caught salmon (and/or other fish)
    bag of frozen shrimp
    bag of salmon patties
    bag of turkey patties
    box of sweet potatoes
    bag of lemons
    bag of onions
    olive oil
    ground turkey
    canned tuna
  • redtim22
    redtim22 Posts: 144
    Options
    I love that Tzatzika dip probably butchered the name and the cowboy caviar. I also like the big bag of pretzels and the whole grain chips. I always get that flavored water with zero calories!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We just found some 97% fat free canadian bacon made by Jones Dairy Farm there this weekend. It is about 20 calories per slice and is delicious. I froze them individually wrapped in plastic wrap and take them out as needed. They were in the open top cold cases.

Have fun:)
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese (low fat)
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A great thing that I found there to add to yogurt or on cereal are hemp hearts! Made by Manitoba Harvest. They have a great nutty flavour and add a nice crunch!
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We buy all our frozen veggies there: cauliflower, corn, broccoli, edamame, etc. Tons of fresh fruit at great prices, salsa, salad, frozen chicken breasts, yogurt, cereal, pop chips (hubby and I still want that salty crunch sometimes!), raw nuts, ground turkey, pita bread or flatbread.....I could go on and on.