Is this considered exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    As a waitress, you are burning more calories than a sedentary person, but this is factored under your activity level setting, not exercise.

Strength training is ALWAYS a good idea.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've been wondering that for a while now, and plan today to start jogging again. I am hoping this helps me out!

EDIT: I was loosing weight and then started waitressing and stopped loosing.

This potentially means you are undereating which may cause the weight loss to stall. When you started the waitressing job did you up your calories or change your settings for an Active lifestyle? If not, definitely update your profile. That said, I would definitely consider strength training before adding any cardio since you are already getting a lot of that :)
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It is a part of your every day routine, so no it is not exercise. Set MFP as very active and then actually do work outs, log them, and eat back those exercise calories.

This. I am a server as well, and I'm losing weight from being active in that job. However, I know that there will come a point when I will plateau and need to burn more calories than I am.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I consider "intentional movement" exercise. I would just consider work as daily physical activity not as exercise.
  • psych107
    psych107 Posts: 5
    Options
    Let me add my two cents.

I don't mean this to be rude, as you are clearly someone who is searching for constructive criticism.

First, look at your macronutrients (Carbs, Fat, Protein). You do not eat enough protein. You eat too many simple carbs, not enough fiber, and too much fat. For example, take a look at Sunday: 57% of your calories came from carbs (mainly pasta salad, which unless the pasta is whole-wheat these are simple carbs that digest very quickly) I don't see any complex carb sources--try brown rice, quinoa, oats. 35% came from fats (Ranch, Bacon, Cupcake, and Utz party mix--these are not healthy fat sources. Try nut butters, nuts, olive oil?). Only 8% of your calories came from protein--try chicken breast (that has not been breaded, no chicken nuggets), fish, lean meats, turkey, eggs, beans. If you are looking to lose weight, I would recommend following a 40/40/20 diet. 40% of your calories from carbs, 40% from protein, and 20% from fat. This has worked for me when I am trying to lose weight, although I'm not sure what a good ratio is for females since I have not researched that at all.

Good luck with your goals!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    It is a part of your every day routine, so no it is not exercise. Set MFP as very active and then actually do work outs, log them, and eat back those exercise calories.

Pretty much this.