CURB APPETITE WITH PILLS

Options
I'm new at this strict eating stuff and it seems I'm almost always hungry. I have been looking into some different types of appetite supressors. I found this hoodia gondorii pills and they look like they might work for appetite supression. Has anyone use this stuff before, I don't need any energy stuff with it, just make me not so hungry all the time

Replies

• Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Water works. I drink a ton of it, usually at least 12 glasses a day. Really works. I would stay away from pills. :)
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    JUST SAY NO :) No but really, don't take pills. How many calories are you eating and what types of foods. You may just need to eat more. And get more protien :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    THIS JUST IN: CURB APPETITE WITH FOOD!

No, really, I swear it works.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein, fibre and water! Those three help to curb appetite and keep you full longer.

When you feel hungry drink a bunch of water first before eating. Sometimes our bodies confuse thirst for hunger!
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree. I did lose a bunch of weight with pills, but ultimately it messed me up and I gained the weight back. I am starting again this time doing it the right way. I have been making jugs of Sun Tea - making use of the good hot summer and keeping a continuous glass filled. This has really filled me up and made me realize that when I do want to snack, it is mostly out of boredom and not because I am really hungry.
  • moparpat
    moparpat Posts: 30
    Options
    I try and keep around a 1500 calorie a day, I drink my breakfast with a small protien bar, around 360 calories, snack on ralphs carbmaster yogurt. I get 1/2 bag of frozen vegtables with some butter spray for lunch, maybe some fruit, carrots (raw)....etc...etc, they fill me up I think, but it feels like I'm missing something that would make me fill full full....maybe that's the problem, i'm so use to feeling stuffed and uncomfortable when i'm usually full.
  • moparpat
    Options
    I try and keep around a 1500 calorie a day, I drink my breakfast with a small protien bar, around 360 calories, snack on ralphs carbmaster yogurt. I get 1/2 bag of frozen vegtables with some butter spray for lunch, maybe some fruit, carrots (raw)....etc...etc, they fill me up I think, but it feels like I'm missing something that would make me fill full full....maybe that's the problem, i'm so use to feeling stuffed and uncomfortable when i'm usually full.

also over 65 ounces of water a day
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Your lunch sounds like it needs some protein too. I find just veggies doesn't do it for me.

I notice you didn't mention many carbs either, is there a reason?
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Try protein water maybe? Lots of fiber and protein, too. NO PILLS!!!!
  • moparpat
    Options
    Increase your protein, fibre and water! Those three help to curb appetite and keep you full longer.

When you feel hungry drink a bunch of water first before eating. Sometimes our bodies confuse thirst for hunger!

what's a good source of fiber and protein that I could start eating
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Water works. I drink a ton of it, usually at least 12 glasses a day. Really works. I would stay away from pills. :)

^^THIS
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're missing lean protein!!
  • jealous_loser
    Options

what's a good source of fiber and protein that I could start eating

Can you add some meat to your veggies? Some grilled chicken or tuna or something? If not, maybe some nuts?
  • moparpat
    Options
    Your lunch sounds like it needs some protein too. I find just veggies doesn't do it for me.

I notice you didn't mention many carbs either, is there a reason?

reason is I do not know what I'm doing...lol...I fill out the sheets and I see the carbs, but I mostly eat low calorie and low to no sugar
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    THIS JUST IN: CURB APPETITE WITH FOOD!

No, really, I swear it works.

lol i agree with this. your body just needs time to adjust and get used to this new schedule and food your giving it.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been eating an insane amount of beans, black beans in particular. They are so filling and they stay with you for a long time. They truly are a magical fruit.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You don't need pills. You need to figure out what foods are most satiating. Make sure you get fiber, fat and protein with every meal and snack. Cinnamon and dark chocolate are both natural appetite suppressants (there are others, which a quick Google search should help you find) and tea is an awesome way to stave off hunger between meals. Or coffee. Pretty much any hot liquid.
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Water Water Water!! I drink 27 glasses a day and just make it to 1200 calories :)
  • jenbunny18
    Options
    I have taken two different kinds that are AMAZING. the first, is oxyelite pro. I got it at GNC, and it helped me not only with hunger, but with exercise as well! it give you that extra push that makes you magically want to exercise. no more feeling sluggish! the other one I've tried, which I actually took this morning, is called roxylean. (also got that at GNC) if you have a GNC close to where you live, you can ask them for different samples so you can try a few things out before you decide to buy them!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have not tried that one, nor any in the last few years. I personally have never once found anything that supressed my appetite other than just learning to live on less food which I have been able to do by following the calorie goals MFP gave me in the beginning. Now that I am closer to my goal I have had to tweak some things to make it work better for me, but I would say just skip it. It will only take you a couple of weeks to adapt to the lower calorie intake.