Pear shaped/ curvy !! Need help

Options
Hi doll faces!!! I'm struggling with being 5"2".. And Have very big thighs and hips.. No matter how much I work out my waist and my entire top shrinks but not my thighs or hips.. Anyone have this trouble, and ideas to fix them??? ( no squats or lunges please lol) has Anyone my shape had success losing their thick thighs and hips ? If so how long did it take?? Thanks doll faces

Replies

• robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The kitchen dear! eating right! Also those squats and lunges will help and walking/jogging. You cant expect I dream of Jeannie to knock them off or we would all be fine as wine!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 and more bottom heavy. I haven't measured recently, but according to my most recent reports, I have lost 3" around each of my thighs in the last year and 3" at my hips as well. Most of my exercise has been running and weightlifting. Since January I have only lost 2 pounds but went from a size 10 to a size 6 due to the strength training. I highly recommend it.
  • MissMarley137
    Options
    Oh I am having a very similar problem!! Even when I only weighed 125 pounds (I'm about 5'4") My thighs would rub together. And I hate it!!! I'd love to get some feedback on how to fix that as well.

In the meantime though, embrace your fabulous figure! You're looking great, and you have a beautiful smile. Besides, men are hard wired to be more attracted to a woman with fuller hips and thighs... biology and procreation and all that.

Good luck!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you 5'2 and very hippy/curvy. I hate to break it to ya but the squats and lunges are where it's at!

I've been doing squats for only a week and have seen results. Lunges are my worst enemy. I can barely do them at all. I try though. Start small. Do sets of 5 squats if thats all you can do. The strength builds up really fast, trust me.

Aside from that, maybe jogging, or cycling? If you have access to a gym there are machines for the thighs too.

if you have a smart phone I have an app to recommend. It cost $2 and is worth every penny. It has a lot of body weight exercises for the legs. It's called "You are your own gym" Try it.
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" but I have the same issue. The last time I lost the weight, I didn't see satisfactory shrinkage of my thighs and derriere until I was within 20 pounds of my goal. It just takes time. Strength training helps, too, but really all you need is patience.

:flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Keep going. Your "problem" areas are the first place to gain and the last place to lose.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Keep going. Your "problem" areas are the first place to gain and the last place to lose.

This!

My hips are still a struggle with me and my thighs are slowly becoming more and more muscular. All you can do is stick with it and be patient :flowerforyou:
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options

^^^^ This

Unfortunately there's no way to 'target' specific parts of your body for weight loss. If that's where you tend to gain weight first, then that'll be the last to go completely. Just keep on course and you'll eventually lose it
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    (no squats or lunges)????????.....Most effective things out there.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 and lost an inch off my hips and thighs in a month doing...you guessed it...squats and lunges.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

^^^^ This

Unfortunately there's no way to 'target' specific parts of your body for weight loss. If that's where you tend to gain weight first, then that'll be the last to go completely. Just keep on course and you'll eventually lose it

This.... I've lost so much upper body weight you can see my ribs! But I was still in teh same pant size. :-/ Totally sucks. I'm in the same boat. Eat less sugar and processed carbs and just work on getting body fat % down. Then you'll be able to see your already muscular legs. It's all about diet and getting the extra body fat off.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It's not the workout it's what you eat. Well okay it is the workout but it's mostly what you eat. Watching your fat intake is the key to shedding weight on your lower half. You won't lean out if you're not eating right.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    5'3 and I've lost 8 inches off my hips among other inches lost so far (with a lot more to go) with lunges and squats and lots of uphill walking. The very smart ladies are right though, you cannot target. Just keep going!
  • doreenOrtiz
    doreenOrtiz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'1 and I look smaller up top and all my weight goes to my love handles and my thighs I have struggled with this most of my life but recently i have been going to this guys sight and i have lost ten pounds and my thighs have been shrinking slowly here the website if you wanna check it out (thigh shrinking videos) http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-inner-thigh-fat.htm
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cardio, squats and lunges . . .
    I'm a pear too, the butt and thighs are the last to go! I run a LOT which does quite a bit by itself. Running hills and stairs is effective but honestly those lunges and squats are where it's at. (I hate squats too but they're a necessary evil lol!)
  • ladyjanewriter
    ladyjanewriter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes you just have to Embrace The Donk. (And I'm a goofy, nerdy PAWG saying this to you - LOL!) I think you look fantastic already. The smaller waist just accentuates the curves. Like Betty Boop!

I have a long road to go with this, I know that ballet classes with lots of plies and releves helped me back in the day. And, of course, plies are just...well. Squats. With a fancy French name. XD

P.S.: I think you are very nearly my Hip, Thigh, and Butt twin.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Gonna jump on the 'squats and lunges' bandwagon here. Really the best thing.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    As a few other people have said, there is no such thing as spot reduction. You can target an area for muscle growth, but not fat burn. Fat will unfortunately just come off however it pleases (my stubborn lower tummy pooch and what little is left of my boobs agree). Best thing to do is just aim for overall fat burn and muscle build! It'll even out eventually.
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yeah true, just wanted to shrink these hips and avoid lunges :noway:
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks im a look into strength training,,,,, hope its a instructor at gym or a class i can take to teach me how to do it right...