fun exercising?!

Jazjazjaz
Jazjazjaz Posts: 20
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
i find i never have the motivation to exercise so what kind of exercises can i do that are fun (:
at the moment i ride and dance but not very often lol

Replies

• if you dance, try Zumba! you will love it. It really is so much fun you feel more like you are at the club than the gym.
  • I was going to say the same thing, Zumba is amazing fun! If you can't find a class near you I would start checking out other types of exercise classes. Classes are the only way I can stand to work out - I HATE HATE HATE exercise!!
  • thank you both, thats so helpful :) i will look into that xx
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    If you don't mind dropping a couple hundred bucks, Wii Fit Plus is awesome! So is Wii Biggest Loser. Best of all, you never have to leave your house, can exercise in your undies, and on days where it's terrible weather outside. I think it pays for itself!
  • I keep my workouts mixed up every week by going to Zumba (yes, I'm a huge fan too!), Step/Interval, and Turbokick (like Turbo Jam that you've seen on TV). I don't enjoy doing the cardio machines or spinning, but I also incorporate those prior to my weight-lifting for 30 min. every day, 6 days a week.... (Oh, and I am definitely NOT a runner--wish I enjoyed it, but I don't.) Then I'll go to those classes I mentioned above 3 times per week to get the rest of my cardio in---they are a lifesaver to keep me AND my body from getting bored, or used to the workouts!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    The key is finding something that you like. I have found that running is really my thing. I love it - it is a huge stress relief. I started the Couch to 5K program and am now running 5K (3.1 miles) three times a week. I also LOVE kick boxing. It is fun, I learn self defense moves, and it burns a ton of calories.

You should try all sorts of things - running, hiking, swimming, zumba, kick boxing, cycling, hiking, kayaking, etc, etc. Find what your niche is and stick with it. :flowerforyou:
  • Can I ask, what is the Couch to 5k program? I need to start running, my FH started a police academy in september and just by the amount of running they do he has lost near 20 pounds. He hasn't changed anything else really. He still eats the same but the running made all the difference.
This discussion has been closed.