Finally healthy but far from quitting (pics)

Options
Hey there.
I posted a few posts here about my progress so far and now I come here to tell you that I finally reached most of my goals (weight is lacking a bit but I don't care anymore..)

So to make it short....
7 months ago - 112kg (246 pounds)
today - 83 kg (182 pounds)

The past few weeks have been amazing so I'm just going to write most of my NSV's during that time.

I met most of my friends for the first time since I started and they all talked about how much I changed so much that I tried to change the subject because I never was used to such levels of attention before....

I went shopping and bought a size M shirt... at first as a motivation to fit into it, but back home I found it fit me perfectly so I went back and bought a few more....

I'm now "healthy"... as in, my BMI, BF%, blood pressure, waist circumference and any other medical criterium I caould measure or check at home is well inside normal limits.... (although I'm still quite a way from my real goal...)

My eating habits changed in such a way that now I can much better estimate the portions I eat without using MFP. Therefore I don't gain (and for the past few weeks I actually lost) weight when I'm away from home, sitting in my car 8 hours every day...

My upper body is starting to look like what I want it to ( and my gut is slowly following).

Although these NSV's are great I still have a lot of work before me and I hope I can manage to get the look I want before end of this year. I'm writing this post to be an inspiration to all of you and not the enemy... Now it might look like I'm not doing anything (I haven't logged my diary properly for some time) and I'm still loosing weight but at the begining there were days when I could crawl up walls becuase I was so hungry or because my muscles hurt after exercise. Everybody can do the same thing I did... If you don't believe me just ask yourself why am I better than you? I'm NOT better than anybody.... Except for my age I had all the same conditions as anybody else trying to loose weight... If I did it you can do it too... just believe in it.

before.jpg

now.jpg

Replies

• Booots233
    Booots233 Posts: 45
    Options
    You look fantastic :) keep it up!
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job keep up the good work
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation, such a happy story that just warms my heart! Especially the part about being within the healthy range now. :drinker:

So happy for you! Soldier on, and thanks for being an inspiration!! :flowerforyou:
  • jeffsinkw
    jeffsinkw Posts: 16
    Options
    That is amazing. You look great and your self confidence is coming back too. I can hear it in your words. Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to all of us that are following you.
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    amazing.... very good looking x
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Excellent transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!