Oh so hungry!!!

Options

Replies

• slays1415
    slays1415 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not enough food... too many sugars not enough proteins/healthy fats IMHO.

Agree. Try some Greek yogurt and low sugar/high fiber cereal for breakfast. You can eat so much more (bulk, filling) food if you stay away from the processed stuff. Easier said than done, I know, but the other stuff really does make you hungrier, faster. You can do this!
  • rachelblair09
    Options
    why not have a bowl of porridge? amazing protein and will keep you full for ages :)
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    Ugh, you should be lucky... There's literally nothing in my house right now and I haven't eaten since 10am... I'm off to the store.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    OMG! It's not even close to lunch time yet and I'm starving!!! I had a protein shake this morning, a banana, a mandarin orange, and a fist full of carrots. Let's not forget the 3 glasses of water in there also!

I can't believe how hungry I am! I woke up hungry, I have been grazing and I'm still hungry. I don't even remember seeing the orange after I peeled it... it just vanished into thin air it was gone so fast!!!

HELP! How do I tame this beast!

I'd be hungry too after just eating that for breakfast. I have protein shakes as 'snacks' rather than replacing meals. And like someone else said, if you are hungry then eat.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eat a real breakfast. Breakfast burritos (eggs, hash browns, beans, a little cheese, sour cream, sometimes bacon or sausage) fills me up and keeps me full for hours.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It could be where you are on your cycle - I find my appetite can increase mid-cycle or it's when it's coming up to TOM.
  • pferde01
    pferde01 Posts: 16
    Options
    Not enough food... too many sugars not enough proteins/healthy fats IMHO.

Agree. Try some Greek yogurt and low sugar/high fiber cereal for breakfast. You can eat so much more (bulk, filling) food if you stay away from the processed stuff. Easier said than done, I know, but the other stuff really does make you hungrier, faster. You can do this!

I am really sad about this but I have found it to be exactly true lol. Those "treat" things and quick grab snacks I figure it's okay to budget for calorie wise really seem to just give me the MUNCHIES. Really sad! There's just no short cuts. But I'm starting with small swaps, I will get there.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    try oatmeal or greek yogurt, or anything else with protien and or fiber to keep you fuller.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Make it a cheat day! But remember, if this is going to be your cheat day, it's all you get for the rest of the week...(that's what I would do). :smile:
  • lniber22
    lniber22 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a morning snack everyday of a cup of carrots and an individual sabra hummus. Then in the afternoon, I snack on natural almonds. They both do the trick between meals. You could even have a cutie with the almonds. One thing to look out for, I noticed alot of fast food and processed meals on your diary. I know it's hard but try and get your diet to the natural basics. Shop only on the outside of the market,lean meats, veggies, fruits, and low fat dairy. It takes some planning and some prep work on weekends, but you will be full cause you can eat more of the good stuff! Those fast food meals don't go a long ways and they are calorie bombs.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Skip the fruit at breakfast. Go for something savory like eggs and veggies. I like to have breakfast burritos minus the tortilla. Throw together some eggs, bell pepper, tomato or other veggies into a scramble. Add some pinto or black beans and top with salsa, cheese and guacamole. The protein from the beans and eggs will power you through the morning and the fat from the cheese and guac will help keep you satisfied until lunch.

You are consuming too much sugar for breakfast which is causing insulin spikes and dips (this is why you feel like you are starving). Avoid sweet foods at breakfast and you'll feel much better.
  • nlh921
    nlh921 Posts: 2
    Options
    Fats and Proteins take the longest to breakdown and therefore keep you full the longest! While the items you listed are great, healthy options, you can't neglect whole categories like that and expect your body to be satisfied! Somebody already commented to add some almonds, they are dead on! All nuts are great, they are loaded with healthy fats, poly unsat, monounsat, omega3, as well as plenty of protein and plant sterols/stanols!! While all nuts are pretty much great, Almonds and walnuts are two of the best in regards to fat ratios, protein and fiber.

Not only will they keep you full longer, they are incredibly healthy for your heart and brain. It is also good to include some whole grains, some granola will go a long way in helping you feel full quick, a handful of granola and a glass of water, not only is this again very heart healthy, but the water will make the granola expand in your stomach to help you feel fuller.

While I realize you did have a protein shake, drinking your nutrition is not the same as eating it in a solid form, especially in regards to how long you will stay full.

Do not be afraid to eat fats and carbs, just be conscientious of where you are getting them from.

Advice from a recent BSHS in nutrition graduate
  • nlh921
    nlh921 Posts: 2
    Options
    Also, consider that if you feel so very hungry, your body is telling you something, it needs nourishment!

Allowing yourself to go feeling so hungry does not help you lose weight, it triggers a series of hormonal and neurological reactions that significantly reduce your metabolism in an effort to conserve energy.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry...EAT.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your food diary and the big thing that jumped out at me was the muscle milk and coffee mate creamer. Muscle milk is designed to help gain weight and is not recommended for weight loss. And the coffee mate is nothing but pure sugar. Switch to real organic half and half. It has vitamins and calcium and won't cause an insulin spike like the Coffee Mate will. And real half and half is also delicious!

Do you own a blender? Try making home made smoothies using ingredients like silken tofu for protein or low fat greek yogurt. You definitely need some fat in your breakfast to stay full feeling longer.
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    I had this problem... I increased my protein and switched around my foods ... so I eat heavier foods at breakfast and lunch and very light dinners -- work on your food combinations to see what works for you. Also, if you are truly hungry and nothing is satisfying you.. eat! There is a difference between eating out of boredom and eating because you are truly hungry... if you are truly hungry then your body is saying it needs something... dont starve yourself, get a healthy meal or figure out meals that stay within your numbers but really fill you up. You will feel much better for it :)
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this everyday but mine isn't in the morning, its later in the day. From the time I get off work till I go to bed all I think about is food. I am so waiting for the day to hit when I can get past the fact that I am not eating as much as I use to and what I use to eat.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Make it a cheat day! But remember, if this is going to be your cheat day, it's all you get for the rest of the week...(that's what I would do). :smile:

Have you looked at her diary? Every day is a cheat day based on how much fast food gets eaten... sometimes 3 different places in one day! You need to learn to eat about 300 calorie small meals of real food every couple hours. You cant binge on empty calories every day and then eat a carrot today and expect to feel full and satisfied.
  • Laurie061273
    Options

Have you looked at her diary? Every day is a cheat day based on how much fast food gets eaten... sometimes 3 different places in one day! You need to learn to eat about 300 calorie small meals of real food every couple hours. You cant binge on empty calories every day and then eat a carrot today and expect to feel full and satisfied.

Hey Jxnsmma... Easy to talk when you read one thing and then block all your information from everyone else. What does your diary look like. Nice how you take this past Saturday as an example... did you bother to look at the exercise? That's just the exercise, we weren't able to cook that day because we spent the entire weekend building a basement apartment for someone.

Let's see... Friday, July 13: I spent 9 hours stuck on the tollway that day and gee... sue me... that morning I got an early start and picked up a coffee at McDonalds from an oasis.

Saturday, July 14: Already mentioned that one.

Only 2 days since I starts up on here again did I go over on my calories TWO DAYS!!!

And guess what Jxnsmma... I ended up sick with a stomach flu all freakin day today... gee... that explains why I wasn't doing so hot yesterday, doesn't it???

It's nice to see how judgemental you can be by grazing through a weeks worth of logs and making such a statement as you did. You can count that your rude heartlessness will be made known. And guess what... I'm down 12lbs! I have been making a lot of changes and it's been paying off... I've been working on this before I started logging again and just started logging again to have some support since most of the people I was talking with have dropped off the program or completely given up.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Meal frequency has no effect on weight loss.
    She can eat all her cals in 1 sitting and lose weight.

I'll agree that eating fast food isnt optimal for weight loss but if the foods she chooses fits her macros, she will lose weight.