<~~~~ Wine lover!

Options
blleadon
blleadon Posts: 187 Member
Ok, so I know the body wants to metabolize alcohol before anything else, thus, temporarily stopping the metabolizing of fats and carbs, but that doesn't stop me from wanting...ok...craving the red! I love a good rich red wine. Not the sweet stuff lol, but the bold. For those of you who feel the same, how do you curb your taste for wine lol. For the record, I'm no alcoholic, but I do know that my nightly wine does not help with weight loss. Have any of you had the same "issue" with wine?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say, by having a glass of wine.
  • blleadon
    Options
    I'm going to say, by having a glass of wine.

I'll roll with that lol
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Moscato Wine is My FAVORITE!!
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I too, love the red, and I drink it. I tend to leave an extra 300 calories a day for the wine. To me it's worth it. I eat balanced and I work out at least 5 days a week and I allow for my wine.
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    I refuse to give up wine, especially red wine. I am working on drinking it and keeping within my new macro settings. It is actually working! YAY.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Skinny Girl wines. They aren't too bad and are only 100 calories per a serving.

I usually just add some sprite zero to my wine. Allows me to have a 'bigger' glass. :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think I have a more difficult time losing weight when I'm drinking beers nightly, so when I'm in a "on point" state of mind, really focusing on my goals, I cut out the beers (and wine, etc) during the weeknights.

It helps my weight loss efforts and it makes the weekend drinks that much more enjoyable.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I just have a glass or two and deal with the consequences. I don't know what else to do. LOL.
  • lisa91263
    lisa91263 Posts: 49
    Options
    I too, love the red, and I drink it. I tend to leave an extra 300 calories a day for the wine. To me it's worth it. I eat balanced and I work out at least 5 days a week and I allow for my wine.

This
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I know the body wants to metabolize alcohol before anything else, thus, temporarily stopping the metabolizing of fats and carbs, but that doesn't stop me from wanting...ok...craving the red! I love a good rich red wine. Not the sweet stuff lol, but the bold. For those of you who feel the same, how do you curb your taste for wine lol. For the record, I'm no alcoholic, but I do know that my nightly wine does not help with weight loss. Have any of you had the same "issue" with wine?

why would you want to curb your taste for wine?? wine is delicious, and it's good for you. but like everything else, in moderation. a glass of red wine has good things like antioxidants. here are the 8 benefits of red wine: http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/01/8-straight-benefits-of-red-wine.html

but if a glass, turns into two, turns into a bottle, well, we have an entirely different problem. i used to joke that i didn't see the point of wine bottle stoppers: you open a bottle, you finish a bottle!! but now at a nightly setting, i pour a glass of wine, and i put the cork back on the bottle and stick it back in the fridge. unless it's steak or pasta night. then i have two glasses.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    As I was losing my weight initially (90 pounds), alcohol didn't really inhibit my loss, as long as I accounted for it.

Now that I've regained 20 (and currently have 12 of that left to lose again), I do find alcohol doesn't fit into my plan as well. My method now is to go 2 days or so withotu a drink, then have 3-4 days with a drink or two a night. It's seeming to work.

and wine is my drink of choice, most of the time.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE wine! I used to stick to bold reds, then I started experimenting with lighter whites and I'm currently on a sangria kick. What I've discovered is that I just like to have my wine and I'll save up some calories now and again to enjoy it. :drinker:
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

This

yep
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up wine! I allow for it in my calorie counts.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My body so far is just not accepting of me drinking--it really interferes with my losses. So at this point I have cut out the booze--with much regret. It is hopefully not a permanent thing. Although it is easier for me to have none than to have just one. I used to always have 2.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    IDK what you say I'm not giving up the wine LOL
  • ichigo007
    ichigo007 Posts: 97
    Options
    It's been tested that drink 2 glasses of wine a day is healthier than 1 glass and defentently no glasses. So drink your wine and cut back some where else
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Skinny Girl wines. They aren't too bad and are only 100 calories per a serving.

I usually just add some sprite zero to my wine. Allows me to have a 'bigger' glass. :drinker:

:sick:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I really enjoy a nice glass of wine as well.
    I try not to drink it at all on the weekdays, knowing I can relax on the weekends with a few glasses.
  • blleadon
    Options

I forgot to mention that now I make sure I keep it within my calorie range, I just can't help but feel like I am still messing up my efforts. Lol Idk. In fact last night I still had about 400 calories left after having two glasses. (I ended up doing a Jillian Michaela banish fat AND later going to step aerobics which I love) So I guess I shouldn't feel so guilty.

I think my main issue is that when I would go out to dribk, my one intentional drink would turn into many (i regrettably became a regular at a nearby spot and befriended a lot of regulars lol. I think my real issue is keeping it to one glass lol. I think that is easier done ar home than when I'm out.