A little discouraged...

Options
I was very excited last week when I weighed and found I had lost 1.8 lbs. This week... I GAINED 1.6 lbs. :cry: I met my goals with exercise and calories all but one day and at the end of the week, I was just a little under my calorie allotment. I do both cardio and strength training (not to bulk, just to tone). I was so hoping to see continued progress.

Replies

• motivationalwellbeing
    Options
    You'll have your ups and downs but you'll win out in the long run if you just keep at it.
  • Brookeshg
    Brookeshg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is why my husband challenged me to get rid of the scale till September. And I feel gray. I'm a 'weigh myself daily' girl and I'm also an emotional eater. SUCKS. Just remember. You are building muscle so you could be holding into water. It will pass.
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try to look at the bigger picture.... I had a day like that recently, I had lost 1.5lbs, then the next time I weighed, had put on 2!! I was gutted for a moment then realised I had still lost overall and that is what counts. Everyone has a start weight and I think as long as you can keep under that you are doing well. If a person goes over their start weight, but stays on MFP then that is fantastic too. If you have the right people as 'friends' you will be amazed at the difference it can make! :-)
  • cchartrand1978
    cchartrand1978 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when it's that time of the month for us women, I gain at least 4lbs. I know this is water weight so I don't panic. But as women there are many factors for a little weight gain. Water retention being a big one. Just try to eat low salt. :)

Good luck on you're weight loss
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs on friday and as of yesterday I gained that 2 lbs back. Not easy to get through but it'll come off and stay off once again! Feel free to add me :)
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Patients and persistence is the name of the game. Your body is under going a lot of change. Just keep on top of everything, and the weight will come off.
  • friend2cptsolo
    friend2cptsolo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This might be a muscle gain issue. Or you could have weighed your self at a different time of day.
    Remember you will weigh less first thing in the morning than at night. Wait 2 hours after eating. Different clothing?
    Can you be retaining water for a certain time of the month?
    MFP does have where you can measure your body stats.