Cod recipes

Options
workoutbarbie29
workoutbarbie29 Posts: 39 Member
I heard cod is really good for you. Tried it and I really didn't like the after taste. Anybody have any good cod recipes?

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but I love it! Take a baking dish and put some frank's hot sauce in it. Place a piece of captain's cut cod on top of it. In a pan cook chopped onions, wet crushed red pepper, and parsley. Take some chopped frozen spinach and place it on and around the cod, add the onion mixture on top of the spinach and fish. Cook at 350 until fish it cooked. So yummy! Also, you can add some cheese on top of the mixture.
  • workoutbarbie29
    workoutbarbie29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll give it a try.
  • irisgigiperez
    Options
    Cod is very popular in the Puerto Rican culture. I absolutely hate seafood but love this dish! You can also just boil the cod fish, prepare as instructed below, mix with tomatoes and avocado and eat it as a sandwich or wrap. This is basically how mom makes it. I got the recipe from:

http://www.elboricua.com/recipes.html

Viandas con bacalao (Root vegetables with Cod)

Ingredients:
    A. Yautía, plátano, guineitos verdes, chayote, malanga, batata, papas, yuca, ñame, apio (not celery) bacalao - filete

B. Onions, Olive Oil, aguacate, tomates, boiled eggs, aceitunas.

Instructions:
    Choose several of the vegetables listed on A, any combination will do. Boil until cooked in the same pot with the bacalao. (The bacalao will salt the vegetables.) Drain.

Serve on a bed of leaf lettuce. Add fresh onion slices and drizzle with plenty of olive oil. Decorate using any or all items on B.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love mine blackend.

Nonstick pan lightly sprayed with spray on oil (sometimes I go without the oil). Fairly hot when you pith the fish on.

Coat the fish in a mixture of chili power, paprika and cayenne power.

Put the fish in the hot pan. The spices will blacken and the fish will cook fast. Serve with veggies or if you have the room calorie wise, 2 corn tortillas.
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like it simple, place the cod fillets on a baking sheet. Half a tsp of olive oil drizzled over each, garlic powder, salt pepper and a bit of paprika or a yummy fish seasoning, like dill and herb.

Bake for 20 -25 min depending on the thickness of the fillets.

I usually serve with a tomato salad or a I make a chopped salad with tomato, cucumber, red onion, red and yellow pepper, bit of O.O and some red wine vinegar...mmmmmm
  • deepfuture
    deepfuture Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried this yet but im gona in the next week or 2

http://sarahofarrell.blogspot.ie/2010/03/cod-i-love-fish.html
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    This cod and quinoa recipe (with broccoli, almonds and raisins) from Real Simple is delicious, full of nutrition, and easy enough for a week night. My husband and I eat it often.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spiced-cod-with-broccoli-quinoa-pilaf-00000000049718/index.html

I use pre-cut frozen broccoli and often omit the scallions because I don't think you need them.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe, but smoked cod is amazingggg with a little bit of seasoning thrown on top of it. I had some for dinner yesterday. :)
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Take a baking dish, add half a pint of semi skimmed milk, place the cod in the dish, grate 8 ozs of cheddar cheese over the cod, and slice a beef tomato and place on top of the cheese, cover with foil and bake in the oven at 190 c for 10 mins check its pipng hot,

serve with mashed potatoes and garden peas.

excellent! , watch out for the odd bone.
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love to bake cod loins in a shallow pan, lightly sprinkle some lemon/pepper seasoning on them and a squeeze of a fresh lemon. Delicious! Serve with some asparagus or any vegetable of your choice!
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This cod and quinoa recipe (with broccoli, almonds and raisins) from Real Simple is delicious, full of nutrition, and easy enough for a week night. My husband and I eat it often.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spiced-cod-with-broccoli-quinoa-pilaf-00000000049718/index.html

I use pre-cut frozen broccoli and often omit the scallions because I don't think you need them.

That looks yummy, may have to try :D
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I bought some frozen cod from Costco. It reminds me of tough tofu. I was thinking the best application would be in a fish stew with tomatoes and plenty of other veggies. Is it me or the cod?