TEA

Options
i recently got into making herbal teas for myself and i just love it, and theres virtually no calories, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i especially love it on a rainy day when i'm relaxing at home. it's so much better than the hot chocolate routine i used to have.

my favorites so far are mango passion fruit, and peppermint. yummy!
i don't like green tea much though.

what are your favorites/ what do you recommend?

let's discuss :)

Replies

• Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i like tea, cause it also increase your metabolism, but being from a Asian oriented family its been part of there lives, and i just made it part of my life recently. Were big on green tea, and things like that, we have other type of teas,that are from china but we only use it on special occasions
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to drink green tea that doesn't have the "bite" that I associate with green tea, try finding a good quality jasmine green tea. Just the smell alone is heavenly. I bought several ounces of loose jasmine green from a tea shop in the area and I ration it out. It's my go-to tea when I really want something special.

Herbal teas make great iced teas as well if you'd like a cool drink on a hot afternoon.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like all tea. Black tea, jasmine tea, fruit tea, milk tea...I can go on. My favorite is brewing tea leaves with fruits and add a little honey. That is delicious hot or cold. If I feel like it, I'll add a little milk to my tea. It's delicious anyway I make it.
  • emily4790
    emily4790 Posts: 1
    Options
    i love tea!! green tea is always my go to, but recently I've really gotten into rooibos tea (honey bush and mango are good), white tea, and matcha tea as well.
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    If you'd like to drink green tea that doesn't have the "bite" that I associate with green tea, try finding a good quality jasmine green tea. Just the smell alone is heavenly. I bought several ounces of loose jasmine green from a tea shop in the area and I ration it out. It's my go-to tea when I really want something special.

Herbal teas make great iced teas as well if you'd like a cool drink on a hot afternoon.

ooooh i think i'll try that next time i go to the store.
    & i love iced tea! i always get plain lemon iced tea though and it's not too healthy :p
    thanks for the tips!
  • jillianlovesyarn
    jillianlovesyarn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have to admit. I love green tea but I've been trying to stay away from it while breastfeeding since some babies are sensitive to even small amounts of caffeine and I've never found a decaf version that I care much for. I'm a big fan of rooibos. There are lots of flavors out there now that it's become more popular. I have heard that people consider it an acquired taste, though, so you're forewarned. It's sometimes also referred to as "bush" tea. You might also like white tea. It's from the same plant as green tea but doesn't have a strong, tannic flavor. It's very mellow and light. The Republic of Tea makes several nice flavors (looooove the pineapple guava flavor) but I find their stuff kind of expensive. Fortunately a lot more people are making white tea blends now so you're starting to see them at a variety of prices. I also really like any herbal tincture blend with hibiscus in it. Hibiscus is pretty refreshing and makes for a lovely iced tea.
  • jldunn713
    jldunn713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    chai or yerba mate for energy, vanilla sleepytime at night (this stuff knocks me out!)
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    I like all tea. Black tea, jasmine tea, fruit tea, milk tea...I can go on. My favorite is brewing tea leaves with fruits and add a little honey. That is delicious hot or cold. If I feel like it, I'll add a little milk to my tea. It's delicious anyway I make it.

oooh that sounds delicious. i love putting honey in. i had some peppermint tea just now and i was heartbroken that there wasn't and honey left in the cupboard :( i settled for a packet of sweet&low...meh it'll do
    i think i'll try putting some rasberries in my mango tea next time :0
    yay for trying new things!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm really into oolong teas. They are great for the metabolism! I have a mahjarong chai that is just fantastic (and if you like cinnamon, you'd love this)!
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    i love tea!! green tea is always my go to, but recently I've really gotten into rooibos tea (honey bush and mango are good), white tea, and matcha tea as well.

honey bush sounds intriguing :0
    what is matcha?
  • stonegirldancing
    stonegirldancing Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic! I'm in love w/yerba mate for energy. For taste, I adore chai. I also just got some yerba mate w/green tea & peppermint (from whole foods) to try to get the caffeine & help ease my tummy, and that's pretty good too.
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Homemade fresh lemon and ginger is pretty awesome! Someone recommended it to me the other day so I tried it.
  • miriamu26
    miriamu26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You're making me want a cup!!!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I really like white tea and oolong tea.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I make big pitchers of tea with two green tea bags and two mango black tea bags. It's super yummy on a hot day!
  • iheartska69
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings is my favorite brand. I love Honey Vanilla Chamomile, Sleepytime, and Peppermint!
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Orange Spice is the best. Cup of tea, a blanket a laptop to get my writing creativity on, on a cold winter day. Beats any day
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Current favorite is peach passionfruit green tea. Me and my husband steep the bags, throw it in a big pitcher and add a sliced up lemon and some sugar. Saves us soo much money too!
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bigelow makes green tea with mango and green tea with pomegranate and both are delicious. I don't even feel like I am drinking green tea. I also love celestial seasonings candy cane lane at Christmas time and their red tea vanilla is great too.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Tazo tea has a "Zen" blend. It is a green tea with some mint in it. I prefer it to straight green tea and can drink quite a bit of the stuff. I actually prefer it over ice.