This is pretty difficult, but I'm ready for a challenge.

Options
Hey there,

I'm Lindsay and am 23 years old. I used to weigh roughly 240lbs and used Weight Watchers to get down to 160lbs! I was so proud of myself, but unfortunately maintaining that weight became an issue when I went off to college. I've gained almost 40lbs back and am finding it harder than ever to lose the weight. I know I can do it, but it will just take time and effort. I want to tone up (my arms especially) and just feel more confident about myself. I'm so impatient anymore and I feel like I can't (or shouldn't have to) lose weight because I've done it before. If there's anyone who is in this kind of situation let me know how you were able to lose the weight or how you are dealing with your current weight loss. I'd love to meet some people on here who can help keep me motivated (and vice versa) as well!

Here's a few pics of my previous weight loss....
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l472/lusty89/Me/baa.jpg
and me now...
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l472/lusty89/Me/weight.jpg

Replies

• scottydewwannalosewt
    scottydewwannalosewt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Linday

The thing that really helped me to start losing weight is that I read the best way to lose weight is to cut back calories and exercise at the same time. I was under the impression that I only needed 30 minutes of exercise. But then I read (for a grad class I'm taking) that for weight loss 30 minutes is not enough. 30 minutes is the amount of time for cardiovascular exercise. For weight loss they recommend wokring out at least 60 minutes per day. Everybody is different but that might the ticket your looking for to help lose weight.
  • scottydewwannalosewt
    scottydewwannalosewt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Also I happened to look and see that you only had two friends. Increase your network of friends to allow yourself an opportunity for more people to give you positive feedback and help keep you motivated.

Scott
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That's actually really great advice. I have been trying to do cardio for at least an hour a day, as well as incorporate some light strength training and I hope to see results soon. I've only been back dieting/exercising (and using this site) for a week now, but I do hope to meet some more motivating characters, that's for sure.

Thank you for the add!