words of wisdom and motivation anyone?

Options
Help!
I've been doing so well over the last few months, but last week I threw my back out and have taken the week off from exercise. I also, surprise surprise! took the week off from logging my food! I actually lost a pound, (weird) but I feel awful and sluggish and having a hard time getting back to the gym and back onto my food log! the injury combined with holiday season has just got me in an unhealthy rut!!! Back's better now, but I just can't seem to drag myself to the gym or count calories.

Anyone been there? how did you get back into the swing of things? How do you stay motivated when you've already lost a good amount, but have a long way to go, too? I guess the good news is that I still have been going to this site, even if I haven't been logging in food, right!!??

Thanks all!

Replies

• TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, my back was killing me and it's still off but, I logged my food. I guess the best thing to do is just MAKE yourself get to the gym two days in a row after that, thinking it'll be like you never took a break. I just forced myself to go... and it worked, back into the swing of it. Good luck!
  • NancyLaurenDrew
    NancyLaurenDrew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hate those days, not that i've ever had an injury, but when i'm somewhere like at someone's house, that i can't log my food in and stuff, i really get lazy the next day when i can, and forget and don't feel like exercising, but when i do start making myself log again, i motivate myself to exercise by saying "oo" i want that cookie. i need to burn ____ amount of calories to get that, off to the gym! and once i do that one or two times, i just go to the gym to work out instead of going to the gym to eat something.