Woo, another newbie!

Options
Hi there. My name is Kim and I am 29 years old (hitting the big dirty thirty next month). I'm new to myfitnesspal, but certainly NOT new to the whole get-in-shape weight loss thing. Admittedly, I did the "support a gym" thing for years, where I carelessly handed over monthly dues without barely stepping foot into the place. After buying a house with my husband last summer, we finally joined a gym up in our new area around December 2011. I promised myself I'd actually go, and I've held true to my word.

In February, I signed up with a personal trainer, and haven't looked back since. I started out at 227 pounds, and have whittled down to 174 in the 5 1/2 months we've worked together. It has been a PROCESS and a JOURNEY, but I am consistently amazed at all of the new things my body can do. I am also consistently amazed at how broke I can get having to buy new clothes because all of my old clothes quickly fall off. (I could have bigger problems, yes?) I'm in it to reach the "ultimate goal weight" of 125... but am really looking to have a nice toned and fit body.

Recently got into running, and will be doing my first 5K on July 28th (Color Run!). Looking to do the Warrior Dash in September. I set lofty goals, but it keeps me in check and focused.

I'm excited to meet some more motivational and inspirational people on here. It's a journey with yourself, but its nice to have a cheering squad and listening ears on the way!

Replies

• althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am anti-gym personally tho I am studying to become a nutritionist and a physical instructor particularly yoga and stretching to reform skin. I was 330 lbs 2 years ago. I got down to 195 lbs last year but got a hernia and couldn't exercise like I was so I gained a few pounds. I am struggling to get back to 200 and build muscle from there. I don't know if you are having trouble with stretched skin, but I have it all over arms to thighs. I have been practicing Hatha Yoga for the last 2 years, getting more intense now. My loose skin has tightened considerably, tho I do have some years before i am how I wish but it is worth the effort. I just use a pumice stone all over my body in the shower, vigorously on my callused feet and hands and apply a think coat of Aloe Vera gel that I make from my garden. It is pretty easy to make if you are an organic, home-made enthusiast as I and my wife.
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your successes so far! Feel free to add me to help along the way.
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am new too. I just joined today. Very interesting info about Yoga and skin! I did not know.
  • XoxprettybunnyxoX
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kayla. To me I feel as if I need to have the perfect figure in order to look good for myself. I don't want to be skinny I just want to be a healthy weight and have a toned up body. Right now I am 15 years old (I know young and caring about my weight) I am 5'2 and weigh 134. I know your going to say 'your young you don't need to worry' but I'm doing this for myself so I can prove to myself I can achieve a goal. My goal was to lose 25 pounds (was weighing 150 last year) I watch what I eat, I exercise for 45-60 minutes a day (Except Wednesdays which is a light exercise of 20-30 minutes and Fridays which is my lazy day) I try to keep myself from going to the kitchen when I'm bored so I motivate myself to do things. Right Now I am still trying hard to lose these last few pounds and I will be excited.

P.S I wouldn't call myself new but I never posted until today..
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you care about your weight! Only you know what looks and feels right on you. That is awesome that you already lost over 10 pounds. Sounds like you are focused.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming 5K! You are a stronger person than me! I onlly run when being chased by evil, knife-weilding, clowns, Even then it's debatable.

I am new here. Am also a Kim, well, Kimberly. Have 3 boys. but am 40.
  • Dream_Maker
    Options
    Sorry...wrong post...
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would run A LOT faster than I do if chased by clowns. They are one of my top fears. :)