How much can I lose?

Options
Hey, could some of you please look at my pics (they're from yesterday) and tell me how much would be okay to lose? I don't want a lot of muscle, just like.. the same amount of muscle as I have, but less fat. When I made my account I set the lowest goal I might have. It's probably too low though, since I'd be under weight. So what's your opinion? Remember, how much can I lose and not be too under weight.

Replies

• Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    i saw ur photos honestly i wouldnt focus on pounds, just get tone and fit
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Can't really tell that from pictures. :ohwell:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ^^ That. Start lifting.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goal to be honest...

You can use the formula for ideal racing weight as height in inches = weight in pounds....

That is a good formula that is used worldwide as a standard... But it might not suit your goals and might be too thin for some to enjoy or maintain... Just depends.

The real question is, what do YOU want to look like or do? If racing, you can use my formula to calculate ideal race weight within a few pounds. If not, well, honey, how do you want to look? No one can answer that honestly but you.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I donno, 5-20 pounds...you don't have much to go, you look fine as is =/
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Why don't you want muscle? Muscle for women just makes you look lean and toned--you won't look musclebound unless you take steroids. Only men can look that way naturally.

Building muscle is how you will balance out and get to a good body fat percentage. The way you look now, I wouldn't suggest any other method.

And honestly? You might not lose much weight... but you'll be slimmer and stronger and look fantastic.
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    Set a small goal and work towards it.
    When you get to where you need to be stop.
    Start with about 20 pounds.
  • AddictionForBeauty
    Options
    I want muscle, just not a lot, because if I take a long break from exercising, the muscle turns back to fat.. and I do take long breaks because I'm bad at moderation. I either move constantly all day everyday or I don't do much except fun stuff (swimming, walking around places, dancing).
  • Zangpakto
    Options
    deleted as was duped
  • Zangpakto
    Options
    Depends on your goal to be honest...

You can use the formula for ideal racing weight as height in inches = weight in pounds....

That is a good formula that is used worldwide as a standard... But it might not suit your goals and might be too thin for some to enjoy or maintain... Just depends.

The real question is, what do YOU want to look like or do? If racing, you can use my formula to calculate ideal race weight within a few pounds. If not, well, honey, how do you want to look? No one can answer that honestly but you.
  • AddictionForBeauty
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I also probably should have mentioned my size. If I lose 20lbs, I'll easily fit a size 1 and probably have about a 24-25 inch waist. I'm 5'4.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    I want muscle, just not a lot, because if I take a long break from exercising, the muscle turns back to fat.. and I do take long breaks because I'm bad at moderation. I either move constantly all day everyday or I don't do much except fun stuff (swimming, walking around places, dancing).

That's not how it works: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/08/muscle-does-not-turn-to-fat-if-you-stop-exercising/

The reason you gain fat back if you don't exercise is because you don't change the way you eat to compensate. If you stop exercising, you need to cut back your caloric intake. But muscle BURNS fat, so you should want to maintain a good amount of muscle if you want to look good. You only have to work at building muscle a couple of times per week to keep yourself strong, so motivation is easier to come by.

You may be small boned, but a size 1 for someone who is 5'4" sounds awfully small. Are you sure your goal is realistic? Pictures can be deceiving. I still believe you should work to build fitness and strength rather than working to lose weight. But that's my opinion based on my experience.

Good luck!
  • AddictionForBeauty
    Options
    You may be small boned, but a size 1 for someone who is 5'4" sounds awfully small. Are you sure your goal is realistic? Pictures can be deceiving. I still believe you should work to build fitness and strength rather than working to lose weight. But that's my opinion based on my experience.

Good luck!
    [/quote]

It's realistic, I was a 0/00 when I was 5'3. That was bad.. but only because I was unhealthy. My weight was okay. Also, I do lower my calories when I stop exercising but for some reason I'm more hungry on days when I don't exercise.