Mirror, Mirror on the wall...best facial cleanser of all?

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use Yes To Cucumbers and Yes to Blueberries products and my skin is awesome. I don't even wear makeup.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 10 helps a lot to clear it all up, it's not a wash, but a cream that u put on like at night
    what do u wash ur face with now?
    i have started just washing mine with anti-bacterial soap (kroger brand) after working out and have not had a single problem with acne... before i used only Dove soap on my face, and i rinse with cold water
  • crystalgreear
    crystalgreear Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Origins Checks and Balances. I am sure they would give you a sample if you stopped by.
  • lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
    My skin always looks and feels great when I use the oil cleansing method, sounds counter productive but it really works, i just use a mixed of regular olive oil and castor oil (dirt cheap from the local chemist / pharmacy)

More info here: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I saw the oil cleansing method online and tried it, I love it! Clearest my skin has ever been and no dry peely crap
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. I've used it for the past 3 years. For acne management I used benzoyl peroxide cream.
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Philosophy - Purity Made Simple
    Helped me with breakouts.
    http://www.philosophy.com/skincare-cleansers/purity-made-simple-product
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My skin is good but I want to clean my pores, but products I've tried to do so make my skin dry and break out. I'm wondering should I just use hot water on its own...
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    The Dermotologist recommends Neutrogena products. Plus you should always be using a toner & moisturizer in addition to the cleanser.
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    My gym doesn't have showers so right after I work out I carry some inexpensive facial wipes (equate equivalent to olay wipes) in a ziploc in my bag so that I can at least leave with a fresh face and not have all that drying sweat on my skin the ride home.

I have vicious skin - super sensitive I get red rashy blotches from my own sweat on my legs, arms & stomach... but that goes away once the sweat dries.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The Dermotologist recommends Neutrogena products. Plus you should always be using a toner & moisturizer in addition to the cleanser.

Toner just dries the skin. It's not necessary or beneficial. Neutrogena (and a ton of other drugstore brands) are made with harsh chemical ingredients and are tested on animals.

Opt for something natural/organic that isn't tested on animals.
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Origins Checks and Balances. I am sure they would give you a sample if you stopped by.

yes!
    i love origins.

but it's a bit pricey, so I've been using the body shop's tea tree oil line. they usually have bogo sales so you get em for about $6/bottle.

smells divine too.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I use Acure, the facial cleanser along with the brightening facial scrub, I mix a tiny bit of each and use that, I love how it works! It smells beautiful and it's organic!
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I third the oil cleansing method! It's a bit time consuming, but it works wonderfully!
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    I use Avon products and they are awesome. I use clearskin gel cleanser & scrub. Also I use from MARK (avon) the milk cleanser when I notice the scrub dry my skin too much! After that I use the clearskin astringent. Im not fan of face creams but I love Mark's (avon) goddess something... lol
  • lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
    I third the oil cleansing method! It's a bit time consuming, but it works wonderfully!

I wish it was promoted more but then there are no big companies who are going to profit from it. I stay away from all of the expensive skin care ranges, I feel that they are a waste of money. The oil cleansing method works great and some of the big companies are jumping on the bandwagon and now marketing their own products (origins clean energy - £17, philosophy purity cleansing oil - £20 etc...) but they are just expensive version of the basic olive oil and castor oil mix that a lot of non-westernised women have used for generations.
  • writinwater
    Options
    Make sure to wash your face before you work out too. Leaving any makeup from the day on there starts a little clogged pore/bacteria party - then hello breakouts!

I wipe my face thoroughly with baby wipes before and after my work out (and with a clean towel during!) and then wash my face with cetaphil as soon as I get home. I tend to sweat a bunch more on the tube on the way home, as its so humid down there!

I also got some duac from the doctor that I use on the bad areas, and then moisturise like nobody's business!

This has really helped me - good luck! :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this as well.. I am not sure if its directly coordinated with my working out but my adult skin is the worst its ever been. I have always gotten the occasional break out but its just been driving me to tears lately. Im sure sweating my *** off at the gym isnt helping.

The BEST cleanser I ever used was patricia wexler acne scription exfoliating cleanser. I worship it. But of course, I cant for my life find anywhere online to buy it. BBW doesnt carry it in stores anymore and Im depressed....Im definitely an exfoliating girl (I feel like it really gets all the dirt out and my face feels smoother) so lately I have been using go 360 clean in the orange bottle. Does the job okay.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I see a dermatologist at least every four months. I have rosacea and at times, small bits of skin cancer. Every derm I've ever seen says that Cetaphil is the best cleanser. Everything else, no matter the price, is crap. I use it and an eye makeup remover. Summer means makeup remover for waterproof mascara because of golfing, hiking, and running amok. I use Almay's makeup remover for waterproof stuff.

The good news is that people are shocked when I tell them I have rosacea. Nobody can tell!
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Seabreeze. 30+ years. I swear by it.