I have a huge problem with bread

Options
It's summer time therefore I hate having to turn on the stove too much, so my meals are usually quick and easy to make. With that said, I can't help but include bread with every meal. I've decided to buy dempster's whole wheat body wise bread which is only 100 calories per 2 slices and 18g of carbs. But for example today I've had 4 slices. Am I doing nothing for myself if I'm trying to lose weight?

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different but I found I really leaned out nicely when I limited bread. I didn't completely cut it out but limited how often I had it. Salads work well for me in this awful heat. Just my .02 cents.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try these stuff
    Low cals, low carbs, good amount of fiber and tastes yummy
    http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10222-Flax-Oat-Bran-and-Omega-3-Square-Lavash
    They are usually sold in farmers markets
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    omg - I can so relate!
    I often have 4 slices of multigrain sour dough cob sold at Coles - it is soooo yummy!
    I would be so much lighter if I could just not over indulge!
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i can't keep bread in the house. If its there, I'll eat it. I can kill a whole baguette in one sitting no problem! Obviously its a trigger food. The numbers on the bread you're eating look fine so long as you can limit to what fits in your calories. I say go for it!
  • ashleypj1908
    Options
    Bread is a huge problem for me as well! BREAD and STARCHY FOODS are my ENEMY! I become super irritable when I cut them completely out and I feel like I am starving if I limit myself...
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's only 200 cals in bread...not too bad depending on how many cals you get a day.

Carbs aren't evil; but not all carbs are the same. Carbs from chocolate = not so great; but carbs from whole grains are essential for energy. Carbs before a workout are very important! The more you work out, the more carbs your body needs. Don't assume all carbs are bad.
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Once I stopped eating wheat and dairy the pounds flew off.

It's easy to do once you start doing it. Google clean eating for ideas. I make a lot of salads as well with lean protein.

I also found that wheat was making my asthma worse. Since I've stopped I rarely have asthma.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!! I LOVE bread! I eat Nature's Own whole wheat. 100 cals and 20carbs for two slices. Try using whole wheat tortillas when possible!
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE FAN of P28 100% Whole Wheat Protein Bread, which my son gets for me from GNC. It is large and very dense, so one 130 calorie slice is usually enough for me.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If I were you I wouldn't have it in the house until such time I've replaced that habit with something healthier..
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    I like the ezekial sprouted grain bread. It's 80 calories but has some heft to it so it's filling. I do miss sour dough and French bread. Especially when they are warm right out of the oven. I have those every once in a while but try not to have an entire loaf in the house as I'll just keep eating it until its gone.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I stopped eating bread and wheat products I stopped having all kinds of cravings sweets, chips, and crackers. I have less stomach upset,(gas) and I was surpised I don't miss it, even pasta..and I loved the pasta. I also am losing weight faster and easier than I have in the past.
  • WillowBreeze
    WillowBreeze Posts: 102
    Options
    If you can't cut bread out completely, go for one that is lower in calories and carbs that has sufficient fiber and protein so that it keep you full. I don't eat any bread now, but when I used to I only ate it for open faced sandwiches (1 piece only) so that the carb to protein ratio was even or more evenly distributed than would be if I ate two pieces. Bread makes me feel really full and anxious, I've found other ways to enjoy carbs that are gluten free (I don't have celiac's) and I find I'm much more content and don't even crave bread anymore :)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    For the most part I don't buy bread, but when I do I keep it in the freezer so its not easily accessible. I will only eat it once a day. And only one slice for the meal.