Plateau Help! Exercise Slowing Loss Down?

Options
I began in March at 247.2 and am now down to 228. For the first couple of months I simply ate 1200 cals a day with very little to no excersise incorporated. For about a month and a half now I have been hitting the gym 5 days a week (while eating the same 1200/day) and doing 30-60 mins of cardio with 30 mins of weight training. Since I've been working out, my weight loss has completely plateaued. I eat a vegetarian diet and have even lowered my carb consumption, but I'm not sure what's going on. I am concerned that I could simply not be eating enough (especially being that I don't always eat back my exercise calories). I'd love to hear from anyone who had this issue. I'm considering a little scale hiatus too...I know that I'm doing what I should be and working my butt off, but I'm so sick of stressing over this number!!

Replies

• akiss4u2tam
    Options
    I had the same issue.... My nutritionist suggested eating a foods in rotation (never the same thing twice in a row). This helped. He also suggested that I do a different type of exercise during the week, at least 3 different.... Day 1 Zumba, Day 2 elliptical, Day 3 swimming..... You have to mix up your routine to trick your body... Same thing with the food.... Also I was told that I need to consider the glycemic index............I was eating a lot of fruit that was extremely high in sugar... I no longer eat watermelon, mango, pineapple, and melons... Hopefully this will help :o)
  • sarahkindel
    sarahkindel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am SO bad about getting into a routine with food! I'll definitely start switching it up. Thanks!