Birthday Cake Help!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My brothers birthday is tomorrow, and I baked an amazing, rich,full fat, oreo cheesecake. I will absolutely be partaking - birthdays don't come around too often.

Make a regular cake, cut yourself a SMALL slice, and enjoy the hell outta it :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Let him eat a normal cake.You make your own healthier version if you want.Problem solved!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I do my kids' birthday cakes. I just use egg whites, and replace about half the oil with water. Makes no taste/texture difference in the cake. :) I go all out for the icing too--homemade buttercream with real butter and shortening. You only live once. ;)

Ps-even doing fondant there is usually a layer of icing to help it smooth and stick. :)
  • a3joy1908
    a3joy1908 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KingDutchess1
    Options
    Wow... Really. Are you seriously questioning eating a piece of your child'd birthday cake?
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If he WANTS a spice cake, try an Applesauce Cake (Betty Crocker Recipe book, if you google it, it comes up). My middle son LOVES this cake and requests it every birthday. I use golden raisins and he requests no nuts. Also, I just dust it lightly with powdered sugar, but a cream cheese frosting would taste really good.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i saw somewhere that u can use a can of club soda and a boxed cake mix with no other ingredients for a cake... also, have u considered some sort of low fat cream cheese frosting (goes good with spice cake)

8 oz 1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract

supposedly makes 16 servings with 64.9 calories per serving
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Things must have changed about taking things home.
    Get some kiddy decorated bags and split up all the left over cake and lollies between them
    Also toss in some other sort of good stuff.
    One per kid.
    Owl-Party-Bags-140x129.jpg
    They can put in any prizes won in the pass-the-parcel games etc as well
  • chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with most people who have responded! Don't even worry about making it "healthy". I'm sorry, but birthday cake isn't good for you, I don't care how healthy you try to make it.
    I know how you feel, though, because cake decorating is my hobby! Just make the birthday cake without any alterations. Enjoy a big, fat piece and get it out of your system! Give the rest of it away, or take it to work. One piece of cake isn't going to ruin your diet (thank goodness). BTW, that's what life is all about! I hope your kiddo has a wonderful birthday!