I've lost 3 pant sizes <3 Now about the other 3-4?

Options
kassiebby1124
kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
In January, I was in a 20/22 in women's, 19/21 in juniors. Now I'm a 15 juniors! I have a couple sizes to go. Like 3 or 4. Now, I know how I lost these, but does the same apply for these next few sizes? And HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS CURSED DUNLAP AND BACK FAT!? Argh argh argh. I've lost nearly 50lbs but I still have A LOT of back fat and rolls and love handles/tummy hang. How do I get rid of it? )':

Replies

• kassiebby1124
    Options
    Bumpy bump
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Seems like you should keep doing what you've been doing, it seems to be working!
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was reading some stuff and I found that it depends on how long your skin has been stretched out, your age etc on if it'll bounce back but I think the best would be toning exercises
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    And congrats on the lose
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you were doing before. Keep your skin well moisturized and healthy. Get plenty of vitamin E and D in your diet. Drink plenty of water. It may take up to 5 or more years for SKIN to bounce back but you should see better results if you start to do some toning exercises too!
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    Do you exercise? I would suggest doing a mix of cardio and strenght training. It doesn't do you any good just to "tone". It might strenghten your muscles but unless you burn the fat that is covering them (cardio) you won't be able to see them .
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. I was a 22/24 and am now an 8/10. I have the tummy skin and some extra back fat. Weight lifting has helped a lot!!! I lift 3 x a week and eat very cleanly so as to be sure that I'm burning pure fat.
    I can even see the skin starting to get tighter, although I'm not holding out lots of hope for firm skin when I am totally done.

Good luck. You can do this!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what your doing unless your losses have stalled. Then you might need to change up your eating and/or exercise :)
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I too started at a 20/22 in January and am down to a 14/16 (depending on pant) right now. My middle doesn't seem to be coming along very well, and my upper arms are jiggly wiggly, yuck. I do tons of cardio and eat right, so I think I'm going to start lifting. We'll see what's left over at the end! And great job on the loss, keep it up!!!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Almonds are high in vitamin E, and lots of different vegetables contain nutrients that help with the collagen in skin, making the elasticity better :-)
    Other than that, I'd say continue what you've been doing - seems to be working! Congrats on the progress so far! :-)
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am down 21 pounds and still in the same size jeans but they are more comfortable to be in now....
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    I alternate kickboxing and 30DS everyday and eat 1250 calories a day (with the exception of the cheat day) and thank you <3
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    eat right. work out - strength training and cardio. It takes time to reconstruct your body. I have been at this for a year and a half, and am amazed at how much my body has changed. I've lost 114.2lbs. Working on losing another 20 or so.... My back fat is almost completely gone, I can feel my bones and muscles in my hips and lower back. it will happen. just takes time. I know my belly is the worst and the slowest going thing.... yours is obviously your belly and back. just be patient, stick with it. the first places we put on weight - the last place we lose it, and bellys are every woman's trouble spot I think.

Incorporate planks into your routine. They work wonders for your core!! True story.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    get your self some resistance bands and weights. Just keep tonnin. I have same issue with my back it drives me nuts, I litterally carry a resistance band in my purse. Congrats too, your doing great!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I too started at a 20/22 in January and am down to a 14/16 (depending on pant) right now. My middle doesn't seem to be coming along very well, and my upper arms are jiggly wiggly, yuck. I do tons of cardio and eat right, so I think I'm going to start lifting. We'll see what's left over at the end! And great job on the loss, keep it up!!!

There you go...that's the ticket right there!!! :D
  • PeterThompson
    Options
    well that nice to hear maybe to loose those unwanted part you should mix up your training with strength training use dumbbells to tone those part you wanted http://bestadjustabledumbbellsreviews.com
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Ugh I know how you feel! I dislike back fat soooo much! I think with time as you continue on your journey it will slowly start to melt away!
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Sounds like your doing really well! If you aren't already try strength training to help deal with those problem areas. I'm finding that toned muscles fill out your skin and diminish that flabby look your talking about. ... 42lbs is no small achievement congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!