Losing weight, the Gamer way!

Options
Hi all! I'm relatively new to this. I found the app on the android market some...11 days ago I believe, and I have loved it ever since! Just recently I stumbled on this site and found that it's even better! <3

I'm an artist, and a gamer, so I spend a lot of my time, inactively in a chair in front of a computer, when I'm not working at the buffet. I'm soooo overweight, but I'm trying to lose it, I just haven't found any exercises that really worked for me. Then, I realize, DUH, I have a Kinect from Xbox! I have Zumba Fitness, both editions and I got a Yourshape Fitness Evolved 2012 game. I thought, pfft, might as well give it a try, and I find it SO FUN! I've been losing at least 2 pounds a week by eating smaller meals and doing the Kinect games.

No longer will I be only sitting at home, playing video games all day, I actually want to get up and play this game! I love feeling like I'm getting a good work out! I hope there are more gamer girls like me, who like playing, if you have an Xbox, getting a Kinect, and these games are sooo worth it! It's better than buying old work out DVDs, that move so fast, and don't tell you how you're doing.

^_^ I'm on my way to reaching my goal, and I won't stop till I do!

Replies

• time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Glad you found something that works for you! Have you tried Bob Harper's Biggest Loser ones? My sister bought me those a year ago and I used them a couple times. I find the kinnect hard to connect with, no pun intended! :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you can do it!!!

I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the means, but my daughter has a Wii, an Xbox with Kinect and the playstation move...

so we have ALL sorts of games and things to do and they are SO FUN!

feel free to add me for support if you want.

Lauren
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    :happy: Awesome!! That's great that you found a way that works for you! As long as you're moving, you're burning!! No matter what you're doing, at least you're doing somethign! Good for you girl! :flowerforyou:
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I think it is great you found something that works for you! Have fun!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Good for you. The best excercise is one you enjoy.

I am sure you will get to your goals and it is good that you are enjoying the journey as well.
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind comments! <3 I am having lots of fun, and find out that I can really connect well with games! It's a lot more fun for me, dancing and moving away these pounds!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! Found you. O.O It took awhile to figure out how and where to post, Dsi. >.<

I hear you on the gaming front. I find the dancing games easy to "get goin'" on. The thing is with these games, too, is that once I get started, time seems to zip by and that 30-45 minutes I plan turns into almost two hours. If only I can stay on track. We can do it, though!
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Options
    Huzzah! Found you. O.O It took awhile to figure out how and where to post, Dsi. >.<

I hear you on the gaming front. I find the dancing games easy to "get goin'" on. The thing is with these games, too, is that once I get started, time seems to zip by and that 30-45 minutes I plan turns into almost two hours. If only I can stay on track. We can do it, though!

Without a doubt we can! That I know for sure!
  • alucardd20
    alucardd20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm relatively new to this. I found the app on the android market some...11 days ago I believe, and I have loved it ever since! Just recently I stumbled on this site and found that it's even better! <3

I'm an artist, and a gamer, so I spend a lot of my time, inactively in a chair in front of a computer, when I'm not working at the buffet. I'm soooo overweight, but I'm trying to lose it, I just haven't found any exercises that really worked for me. Then, I realize, DUH, I have a Kinect from Xbox! I have Zumba Fitness, both editions and I got a Yourshape Fitness Evolved 2012 game. I thought, pfft, might as well give it a try, and I find it SO FUN! I've been losing at least 2 pounds a week by eating smaller meals and doing the Kinect games.

No longer will I be only sitting at home, playing video games all day, I actually want to get up and play this game! I love feeling like I'm getting a good work out! I hope there are more gamer girls like me, who like playing, if you have an Xbox, getting a Kinect, and these games are sooo worth it! It's better than buying old work out DVDs, that move so fast, and don't tell you how you're doing.

Ive been doing the samething. Using my Kinect. I went and bought the Star Wars game for the Kinect, wow its a work out. Even if you dont like Star Wars, the fact you can run and swing your arms.. its like a full work out. Check it out.
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Options

Ive been doing the samething. Using my Kinect. I went and bought the Star Wars game for the Kinect, wow its a work out. Even if you dont like Star Wars, the fact you can run and swing your arms.. its like a full work out. Check it out.

That was actually one of the games I had seen back in the day, that looked interesting to me, because of the combat system! I'll try looking it up at gamestop! Thanks!
  • Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have Xbox live and have been playing Fitness Evolved (the 1st one). I have others (Zumba, UFC Trainer, and Dance Central, to name a few). Feel free to add me on here and on Xbox (Tippy7891).
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have fun, friends help :)
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Me and the hubby do Dance Central every night. He sometimes does the UFC. But we mainly stick to dancing! It is somuch fun!
  • Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the UFC yet...how is it? I'm literally afraid to begin it because I feel like it's too difficult for me at this point.