What are some great tasting protein shakes and/or bars?

Options
I'm getting ready to have Gastric Bypass surgery and I'm on a high protein (80-100g per day) low cal diet. I've never tried any of the protein supplements and would like some suggestions on some that taste good. Thanks.

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just started eating Pure Protein peanut butter&chocolate bars. I like them and they have 20 grams of protein per bar, only 2 grams of sugar.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I picked up some of the whey protein listed below this past weekend at WalMart and am really enjoying the taste.

Six Star Pro Nutrition Elite Series Professional Strength - Whey Protein + Plus Triple Chocolate
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    Everyone has wildly different tastes for the protein brands. Some vitamin stores sell one-serving pouches that you can buy to try. Sample them and discover your favorite, or at least the best of the bunch.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    gnc lean 25 rich chocolate
  • alejandraking
    alejandraking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a great suggestion, I purchased the Costco brand and am not too crazy about it, it is a huge bag, so it will take a while to consume
    One serving pouches are way better that way you get to sample and pick your favorite
    I am going to follow this advice
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I love love love Myofusion cinnamon roll! Great for pancakes too =)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are amazing!
  • MelissaMcCormick
    Options
    Muscle Milk is really good and I hate protein shakes. It comes in a light formula too:)
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    metrx brownies are SO good especially warmed up.

I haven't had one for a while and not exactly sure on calories. But they have lots of protein. -- 30 grams
  • Badd3st
    Badd3st Posts: 28
    Options
    I REALLY like Jillian Michael's Vanilla Whey Protein Mix w/ Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk. Those 2 together= GREATNESS in a cup:)
  • sniperqt
    sniperqt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely HATED every single protein drink I've ever tried... until I found Lean Body by Labrada. The chocolate ice cream flavor is my favorite. They have 25g protein and no sugar or lactose. It is the only protein drink I've found that doesn't have that gross protein taste and texture. It comes in both powder form and single serve, ready-to-drink bottles which are really convenient. Highly recommend!!!
  • newmom_kali
    Options
    What you ever heard of Shakeology?!
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Life's Basics Plant Protein in Chocolate and I mix it in vanilla flavored Almond milk with 4 ice cubes. Very good flavor.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to eat those soy supplements, or high biologic value protein (meat, fish eggs)?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I love love love Myofusion cinnamon roll! Great for pancakes too =)
    You should try Trutein's CinnaBun. I like it a little more than Gaspari's. What I like about TruNutrition Sciences is that they disclose how much whey (40%), casein (40%) and eggs (20%) they use. You can order samples through their website:

http://truscience.com/samples.html
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually found a 'great tasting' one! Wish I could. :)
    Nutritional value trumps taste. I like NOW Foods whey protein isolate:
    http://www.nowfoods.com/Sports/Products/M002795.htm
  • jclengerich
    Options
    advocare protein shakes are awesome.
  • shoot2retrieve
    shoot2retrieve Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology = Awesome, in my opinion. Although a little pricey!
  • masked_habit
    Options
    I made a delicious cake batter protein shake the other day and it's easy to make! tastes amazing!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ON Whey powder, extreme milk chocolate flavor. It's the only protein shake I've really liked been using it for well over a year and not sick of it yet.