What are some great tasting protein shakes and/or bars?

Options

Replies

• kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have body fortress protein powder in chocolate and I really like it. Its cheap for protein powder too.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Definitely a fan of the Pure Protein bars. They have the best protein/calorie ratio that I've found (that are found easily in stores and not online and super expensive). If you look hard or check sales you can usually get the 20g of protein (for 200 cals or less) ones for $1.
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    About Time whey protein- comes in a 2 lb jug but also smaller trial sizes. I like it because it is only 4 ingredients- whey, stevia, natural flavoring, and xanthan gum (thickening agent). This brand has no fat, sugar, or carbs. 25 grams of protein for 103 calories. They have lots of flavors, but I'm happy with the vanilla.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michael's Triple Chocolate whey protein with 1/2 cup of Almond Breeze vanilla almond milk sweetend (or 1 cup unsweetened) and a 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh spinach. I put it in the blender for about 5 mins so it's really frothy and very filling. Calorie wise it can be anywhere from high 100s to low 200s depending on the almond milk. The powder provides 15 g protein per scoop. I use 1 scoop and it's 110 calories in itself.

I bought a generic version at Walgreen's because I ran out and didn't feel like going to a big store. It is OK but it has artificial sweeteners and Jillian Michael's brand does not.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    clif energy bars, clif buliders bars, supreme protein bars, balance bars, and quest quest protein bars are a few that I always find myself eating
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I like some of the ones by Bolthouse (Drinks-Mango, chocolate, the chai isnt even bad, just not my favorite)
    Odwalla has some protein drinks, too- They have a tropical fruity one. I like that best.

I make my own with Jay Robb Egg White Powder (rice mik, berries, half a banana)

I eat Luna or Balance Bars sometimes for a protei boost.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars not only taste good, but are the most nutritious I've found. Not loaded down with sugar. I love the chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, cinnamon, peanut butter supreme and mixed berry bliss.

Protein shake--Optimum nutrition 100% whey. I've only tried the double rich chocolate but it's yummy and no clumps!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    For protein bars, try to get ones where protein grams far outweigh sugars. Many bars marketed towards women have much more sugar than protein - ie Luna, Larabars, etc..
  • sheilairis
    sheilairis Posts: 16
    Options
    I love the EAS low carb protein drinks in chocolate and dark chocolate. The dark chocolate is really yummy and helps with cravings for sweets! I get them from WalMart in the 4 packs ready to drink. Never tried the powder because I want the low carb and haven't found their powders in that kind.
  • eileenbr8
    eileenbr8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting sweet or veggie type?
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love Spuritin protein powder for shakes and what is nice is you can buy in individual packets instead of large tubs and try different flavors My favorite is cookies and creme
  • eileenbr8
    eileenbr8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you considered the Lab Band over the Gastric Surgery? Just a question.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    ON Whey powder, extreme milk chocolate flavor. It's the only protein shake I've really liked been using it for well over a year and not sick of it yet.

^this.....and I love Think Thin bars.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love Rivalus Promasil Powder. The "Soft Serve Vanilla" flavour is great by itself, or combined with fruits, etc, in a smoothie.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I like zone bars yummy! I also use EAS Vanilla Whey protein powder.
  • sarrylove
    sarrylove Posts: 88
    Options
    I love chocolate shakeology. And Cliff bars are another favorite of mine as well!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero is super smooth and tasty.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars not only taste good, but are the most nutritious I've found. Not loaded down with sugar. I love the chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, cinnamon, peanut butter supreme and mixed berry bliss.
    Quest protein bars boast the best nutritional stats of any bar on the market at this time. There are a few "better" tasting bars out there, but when I consider the ingredients, I always go back to Quest bars. My favorites are Cinnamon Roll and Coconut Cashew.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love Atkins protein bars... they are about the lowest carb out there. Lots of different flavors ... most are good! Personally I like the taste of Jay Robb Whey Protein the best... I've tried a lot of them that are comparable but always go back to it! Best of luck to you! :wink:
  • pjbrundage
    pjbrundage Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein shakes with yogurt, fruit, a scoop of protein powder, flax seed, & soy milk.

22672460.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools