how do you eat on insanity?

Options
Today I completed day 22 of insanity. I have lost only 5 lbs. I have been doing a low carb diet but after tracking my food intake it seems high fat even while watching my calories.

What do you eat while doing insanity? Do you follow their recommended regime (5 equal Cal meals)

please share with me the secret to your success

Replies

• Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Would like to try this program.. sounds like following their guide could be a good idea although I doubt low carb made it worse.

I hope you took measurements? Cause if you did then you can compare to now and probably see you lost an inch or 3.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The Insanity nutrition guide is basically nothing more than a recipe guide book for meals that follow the 40/40/20 macronutrient profile, which is widely regarded as being the best macro split for active people looking to burn fat while fuel muscle. Find recipes that keep to this profile (40% cals from carbs, 40% from proteins, 20% from fats) and you should be good to go.
  • BrookybayB
    BrookybayB Posts: 17
    Options
    I have not seen a loss in inches. I will just have to keep at it. I did start macro nutrient diet..I will post on my progress. Any one elsefamiliar with this plan.?

Also, how important is it to eat back calories burned.?
  • caveman694
    Options
    I suggest you take your time starting any eating program to cut weight or gain. Start eating alot more greens and listen to your body when you eat healthy if you are feeling high energy then continue eating that way if you feel drain start changing what you eat until you feel good energy... you can get tons of different ways to eat healthy anywhere... Just take your time
  • agoz1981
    agoz1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Insanity workout is going to build muscle because of the interval training and all the different movements it offers. This is why you are not seeing any weight loss. I've had friends do 3-4 rounds of this workout program and only drop 60lbs but they were cut when they got finished. It really just depends on your body size already. If you don't have much weight to lose you wont see big numbers on the scale. Just try to eat 5-6 small meals a day in 2-3 hour intervals. Keep the protein high and the carbs low. You need to eat GOOD Carbs like ones found in Veggies or Whole wheat. Also, try to cut out all the foods you KNOW are bad for you! I've been doing this and have lost 40lbs in the last month. Don't think of a diet as a way to lose weight but rather a way of Life!