3300 Calories a day on Insaity this can not be right!

Options
A little background I had gastric bypass Dec 2009 lost approx 150 pounds didn't really exercise other than Zumba VERY rarely. I currently weigh 252 pounds and want to tone up and get to goal before I have plastic surgery to remove excess skin BUT I am terrified of what the Harris Benedict Equation calculated for me... I also tried TDEE to see if I'd get a lower # but they both tell me to eat around 3300 calories a day :noway: !!! I used to only eat between 1200-1600 calories before and although I had Gastric Bypass I am almost 3 years out and can eat a normal not super size portion but I still don't think I could eat that many calories unless I was eating crappy processed fast food all day which is obviously NOT recommended. I have upped my calories to about 2000 but even that makes me nervous lol since I want to lose weight and still have about 80 pounds to go.... Stats I am a 5'7, 252 pound 26 yr old female.
Someone PLEASE help!!!!
PS I am on day 2 and am waiting for my Polar Ft40f to get here (let's go Amazon!!!)

Replies

• cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Try this:
    http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

I honestly need to update it some, but have not had the time. All in all, I still think it works pretty well, especially if you know your % body fat.
  • CrazyBeautifulCurves
    Options
    Thanks sooo much!!! I used the Body fat from my scale so hopefully that's good enough. It Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 2395 Calories which isn't as bad but I may still stay at 2000 depending on the deficit. I read through most of the page but couldn't see what they're deficit was for weight loss is it 500 for a 1 pound loss or 1000 for a 2 pound loss, do you know?
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    you should put in how much to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week and guessing it would be 1600 calories to eat and then you get more to exercise but you dont have to eat all your calories you can eat about 100-200 of the exercise calories or sometimes i dont eat any depending if im hungry or not...hope this helps
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A little background I had gastric bypass Dec 2009 lost approx 150 pounds didn't really exercise other than Zumba VERY rarely. I currently weigh 252 pounds and want to tone up and get to goal before I have plastic surgery to remove excess skin BUT I am terrified of what the Harris Benedict Equation calculated for me... I also tried TDEE to see if I'd get a lower # but they both tell me to eat around 3300 calories a day :noway: !!! I used to only eat between 1200-1600 calories before and although I had Gastric Bypass I am almost 3 years out and can eat a normal not super size portion but I still don't think I could eat that many calories unless I was eating crappy processed fast food all day which is obviously NOT recommended. I have upped my calories to about 2000 but even that makes me nervous lol since I want to lose weight and still have about 80 pounds to go.... Stats I am a 5'7, 252 pound 26 yr old female.
    Someone PLEASE help!!!!
    PS I am on day 2 and am waiting for my Polar Ft40f to get here (let's go Amazon!!!)

Hey hun.. Are you actually doing Insanity? I used to eat only 1400-1600 calories.When I got Insanity and read everything I said the same thing about the calorie intake but you know you have to remember to create a deficit for weight loss. My calculation for calorie intake came out to be 2600 (this number is your safe number, maintenance, from what i understand) So I removed 500 calories from that to create my weight loss deficit and now I eat 2000-2100 cals daily. You need the fuel, trust me, when doing Insanity! I burn so much energy exercising that if I didnt eat the 2100 I would absolutely crash by midday. Good luck I hope this kind of helps.
  • CrazyBeautifulCurves
    Options
    yes I am on day 2 and boy do I feel it EVERYWHERE so I do want to eat enough to fuel my body but not over do it since I still need to lose weight
    Someone PLEASE help!!!!

Hey hun.. Are you actually doing Insanity? I used to eat only 1400-1600 calories.When I got Insanity and read everything I said the same thing about the calorie intake but you know you have to remember to create a deficit for weight loss. My calculation for calorie intake came out to be 2600 (this number is your safe number, maintenance, from what i understand) So I removed 500 calories from that to create my weight loss deficit and now I eat 2000-2100 cals daily. You need the fuel, trust me, when doing Insanity! I burn so much energy exercising that if I didnt eat the 2100 I would absolutely crash by midday. Good luck I hope this kind of helps.
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    Why don't you follow the Insanity Elite Nutrition Guide then? You can find a copy online if you google it. It gives you a list of meals of each 300 cals to eat 5 times a day. I've had great results with the plan. Its challenging to fulfil the ratios 40 carb, 40 protein, 20 fat. But it's totally cleaned up my habits and really accelerated my weight loss.