So hungry! HELP!!!!!

Options
I feel like I'm hungry ALL THE TIME, even when I know I'm not. I get hunger like pains in my stomach.... So I eat =( Ive tried gum, mints, sugar free jolly ranchers, and butt loads of water. Any one else with this problem? If so, how do you handle it? Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciate

***edit***

Many people has said to make my diary public, but I can't. It keeps asking for a code, Ive reported this problem to MFP and hopefully they will be able to fix it soon.

Replies

• Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Make your dairy public so we can see what you are eating.
  • jennifercreighton
    Options
    I have the same problem and have yet to figure out how to fix it..... Would love the answer tho! I do a lot of weight lifting and cardio per day and I don't eat back my calories......
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hmm, depends what you are eating thats not making you full. Maybe fill up on some protein?
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah make the diary public. Also gum is no good for hunger because it produces saliva and your stomach will rumble thinking you're going to swallow some food. Water is good so keep drinking that, but sipping as gulping it can give you cramps.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    publish your diary:)
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    cold water drains out of your stomach faster so its good for hydrating you ... warm water stays in your stomach making you feel full longer ...

try fibre supplements ... but its my guess you are an emotional eater and somthing has got you down!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    What the others have said... You need to make public your diary so that others can help you out more on advice.
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    Snacking. I snack throughout the day because I had that problem. I have my breakfast and then 2 hours later I have a small snack (fruit or baby carrots with hummus or almonds). Lunch, then like 2-3 snacks before dinner. I also try to drink 2 bottles of water in between my big meals. I use a mix to put in my water just because I can't stand plain water. Try it! Also, let us see your diary so we have a better idea of what you are already eating
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, so now I try to have a high protein breakfast, then tons of fruit and veggies through the day :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Make your dairy public so we can see what you are eating.

This. Chances are that you're not eating enough of the right things (protein and fiber) to keep you satisfied.

And try to distract yourself. Go for walks, pick up a hobby, stay busy somewhere that is not the kitchen (unless you can manage not to eat).
  • bethanne60
    bethanne60 Posts: 18
    Options
    When I started this journey of weight loss I was hungry all the time too... I way upped my protein...Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shake etc... hope this helps
  • emilynyman00
    emilynyman00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Eat veggies! Alot of veggies and fruit, and protien.
    when you hungry, pull some red peppers out, some hummus and bam! Snack is served! Make sure you weigh your hummus though
  • babymamahowell
    Options
    A fitness trainer has said to drink warm or room temperature water to help you feel full and cold water helps you loose weight. Not sure if that is true or not or if it helps.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough fiber, protein, and healthy fats--helps fill you up and keep you satisfied longer. Also, if you eat back your exercise calories, that should help too. Good luck!
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have though gum would help at all....all that chewing might make your tummy think you're about to feed it when you're not...?
  • PaulaAW
    PaulaAW Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    At certain times of the month I'm like that. I find a chilli raw helps or just takes my mind off it, not sure which as I'm trying to put out the fire LOL! If that fails I have berries and natural yogurt, this seems to fill me up.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and have yet to figure out how to fix it..... Would love the answer tho! I do a lot of weight lifting and cardio per day and I don't eat back my calories......

You don't know how to fix it? How about eating enough to fuel your activity? I certainly hope you are eating more than 1200 a day while doing all those workouts.
  • emilynyman00
    emilynyman00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Burn more calories then you eat! That is how you lose weight
    And veggies!!!!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    when I feel like this I have a piece of string cheese & some almonds or apple w/ peanut butter. Just eat something small that has protein. Its a snack not a meal!
  • hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    Without knowing what you are eating, I'd say increase the amount of fat in your diet. Fat is especially filling and takes longer to digest, making that full feeling last longer. And unlike the idiotic ideas perpetuated by the government in the last 30 years, dietary fat is not what causes obesity, and it has been unfairly vilified. That said, the type of fat is still important - it is healthier to use more plant based fats (like plant oils, nuts, avocado, etc) and less saturated fats (meat, cheese, and dairy).