What time of day do you exercise? Why?

Options

Replies

• cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    4:00 a.m. during the week. Love to get out on my bike before all the traffic is out on the road.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how some of you workout after dinner at night. Never in my life have I ever imagined even trying that. I'm so zonked from the day. I can barely stand up to go wash the dishes from dinner. Lol. Impressive. Maybe I'll try it one of these days just to say I tried. After 7pm, theres just no way. But, I'm going to try it. I actually like the idea of doing that. It solves some time management problems I have if I could do that. 9pm workouts. Lol. Cracks me up.

Oh, and typically, I workout right after work, around 6:30pm.

I've done early morning workouts @ 5am. I like it, except that I find I don't quite have the same energy. My workouts are lame and wimpy and I don't really give it my all like I do in the afternoons. I write down my progress during each workout, and when I'm doing mornings, it's way way below my afternoon accomplishments. So, I just stopped doing it in the morning. I feel like it was just a way to get exercise out of the way, but I wasn't really into it at 5am. That's not the way to do it for me. I want to put everything I have into it.
  • helenlp83
    helenlp83 Posts: 67
    Options
    About 7pm when my baby has gone to bed. It's the only time I get to do it. She's up at 5.30am and I can't get anything done while she's crawling around the room. I don't get home from work until just after 6pm so no other opportunity v
  • peacheznlace
    peacheznlace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do cardio at lunch time and then weights when I get home. If I'm having a hectic day at work then I'll do both weights (first) and cardio after work.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I usually do mine first thing in the morning,I have more energy the rest of the day and really makes my mood that much better cause I feel blahh if I don't get some sort of workout in anymore,plus it's cooler right now and it's the only quiet time till kids go back to school.
  • emrose75
    emrose75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to wake up at 5:00 AM to walk/run on the treadmill. I find that exercising in the morning boosts my metabolism for the day, makes me feel accomplished and also influences me to opt for better food choices during the day.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the day and the work schedule. . . And my level of discipline. Because, some mornings, I wake up raring to go and get my run done with. . . After I check facebook. . . And the news. . . And then it's time for breakfast. . . And the last chapter of a great novel. . . By the time I get out the door I quickly remember why I hate running in the midday heat.

Yup, need to work on the discipline.

On the plus side, I do commute by bike so the love of money keeps me from procratinating too much in that regard.
  • higgins09cait
    Options
    I get up every morning at 5am and either run or walk, depending on what my training schedule says (I'm training for the Warrior Dash and the tough Mudder). When I get home from work, ususally between 5-6pm, I eat my dinner or my pre-workout meal. Then I head for the gym to hit the weights so roughly 7pm. After weights, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays, I head to the track right by my house to get some HIIT in, usually sprints.
  • brasskim
    brasskim Posts: 39
    Options
    Morning otherwise I'll never do it.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, most of the time around 5 AM
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym at 4am M-F... 7am S & S. Rarely go at night, but when I do its in addition to the morning. I'm a morning person so have no problem getting up at 3:30.. but by 9:30 I'm in bed like a senior lol
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Evening, because otherwise I'd have to get up at 4:30 AM to get a sufficient workout + shower + everything for work...I work at 7:30 AM + a half hour commute :| If I exercise in the evening, I shower afterwards, then in the morning I can just get up and go :)

But...this routine will change in 5 weeks when I'm back at school. I won't start class until 12:30 M/W and have Fridays off, so MWF I will be hitting the gym first thing in the morning :)
  • rychma
    rychma Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 in the morning, mess around for a little bit (trying to wake up mostly) and I am running outside or on the treadmill by 5:00 am. I do it at that time because it is the only "free" time I have. I like to spend the evenings with my kids, not work a long day, drag myself home, into workout clothes and outside. Also, my bf works 2nd shift so he is not available at night. I used to run at night, but found that I had a really hard time getting to sleep!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    In the mornings. Because if I don't do it as soon as I get out of bed, I'll never get it done!

Same here. I also know at the very beginning of the day how many calories I have to work with for the day.
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In the mornings. Because if I don't do it as soon as I get out of bed, I'll never get it done!

^^^This!! After work will never happen on my on will!!!
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    MWF in the gym and starting 1st set @ 6am.

I do it in the morning because the last thing I want to do when I am done at work is be productive haha. Also I think I am pretty much conditioned mentally to do my workouts early in the morning after doing a 5 year stint in the Army.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Early morning, shortly after I get up. I run 10 miles on the treadmill and it makes me feel great for the rest of the day. If I miss a day, I feel out of sorts. My main goal is to keep my lab numbers in check; cholesterol, triglycerides, etc, although I still have to take Lipitor.
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    As soon as I get up in the morning at 4:30am, If I didn't do it then it wouldn't get done, I'm too busy and tired at night to do it then
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do 30 Day Shred around 4:30am, before I get ready for work. And then I use my elliptical after I put my daughter to bed at night. Being a single mom and working full time, I cant really go to the gym and stuff. And when I work out while my daughter is awake, she talks my ear off lol. So that's been working for me
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    since i need something to do during lunch this is when i go to the gym. weekend workout is done during the morning