What time of day do you exercise? Why?

Options

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Morning for sure, if i wait til evening i won't do it. I've been trying to get out there by 6 am but no later than 9.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I work out at night, helps me sleep and it is the only time I can, child care at my gym doesn't open until 8 and I have to be at work at 8. I go after work around 6:30 until 8ish. There is a better selection of classes then as well. If I went in the morning I would have to drag my daughter there (which she wouldn't be happy about) and also make enough time to go home and shower and get ready for work, which would put me at getting up at about 4, NO THANK YOU!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Lift in the morning and cardio after work if I didn't have time in the morning.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I generally workout between 7-9pm. This seems to work best with my schedule. I just cannot get up early enough to do it in the morning. LoL. And I have bad insomnia, so working out later on helps prepare my body a little better for sleep. :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    morning (5 am) if I'm running
    evening if I'm riding my recumbent stationary bike.

Normally I'm just too dang tired to work out at night. And then by the time we have dinner, get the kids ready for bed and then INTO bed, it's 8:30 or later. Just no time for a run. Plus it's cooler in the mornings and hardly anyone else is out to see me!

Now, that being said, I can ride my stationary bike at night because it's in our den and I can watch TV or surf the internet while I'm doing it, so I feel like it's part of my evening rather than actually leaving the house.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I workout in the mornings before work and then a little bit after work.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have 2 jobs and a teenager to run around......I work out/run whenever I have a spare moment. LOL

Usually evenings, though.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    morning... if I don't do it then, I probably won't at all... :blushing:
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    i just started working out twice a day (as in JUST started 2 days ago) so now I'm working out at 9 or 10 am on my treadmill at home and then again around 6ish pm. when I actually go to a gym.

I have always worked out late at night - when I was in college, I worked out at 9 or 10 pm every night.
    After college and now that I stay home with kids - I wait until my partner gets home from work and then I'm busting out of the house.

I *have* to get out of the house at night. I get cabin fever too easily. Plus, I have one non-verbal child and the other is on the autism spectrum and I don't know about any of you, but having two kids with special needs is STRESSFUL. (fun, but stressful, dont' get me wrong, I'd never trade them) but...I need a break. a daily break. or I'll go bonkers.

if I'm not at the gym, I'm at home. I mean ALL the time home. I'm not a social person, so I justify my gym time as friend time, shopping time, phone talking time...all wrapped up in a great workout instead! :D
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Evenings. After work, but before dinner. I am not a morning person! I need my sleep!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    5 AM, no interruptions and I am not too tired from everything that happens the rest of the day. Also, I stay more active during the day when I work out in the morning.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My preference is mornings! My alarm goes off at 4:50am and I'm dressed and ready by 5am for a 30 to 40 minute workout on my elliptical. Afterwards, I'm out the door for a 15 to 20 minute walk with my dog!

However, I still do an evening workouts, but I need to go to the gym for that, because if I try doing it at home, after a day of work, it's not likely to happen.
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    If I don't get it done pretty much first thing in the morning, I am most likely not going to do it...
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I do my best to work out in the evenings. While I know there's a large crowd in support of morning work, I can't ever seem to find the energy to drag myself out of bed any earlier than I have to. After I've had a long day, I might not want to work out, but I usually fall back on the concept of "a good night's sleep has to be earned".
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    During summer break I prefer to walk/jog in the morning. But when school starts I will have to move it into the evenings. I do prefer the morning routine. I have more energy.
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    Early in the morning before work to get my day started and I also never want to go to the gym after work.
  • sudngcg
    sudngcg Posts: 8
    Options
    I try to get my runs in a couple of times a week right after work. On weekends I usually do it first thing in the morning but I hate those. I always feel weak and tired. Afternoons are much better for me.
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In the mornings. Because if I don't do it as soon as I get out of bed, I'll never get it done!
    ^^^^^ Exactly! I usually wake up at 5:30 to workout, then if I have any energy after work I will add a short run or a yoga class. Mornings just work better because I know I can fit it in at that time with no interruptions, plus, I enjoy knowing I start my day doing something for me and not just rolling out of bed to go to work. It is tough sometimes because it is so early, but the pay off is definitely worth it.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Most of my workouts are Afternoons/evenings. I have done a few mornings but it is so hard for me to wake up early to workout before work. Maybe someday I can do it for more than a week.
  • cinemafromage
    Options
    Cardio, 6am every day. Strength stuff, in the evenings after work. it's so much cooler running in the am!